Author Topic: Lola  (Read 964 times)

jfrahm

• Modded
Lola
« on: May 23, 2006, 08:34:11 PM »
I spent a really great several hours at Lola on Sunday.  Sundown reflected off of Downtown from the deck there is really great.  The food was very very good too, I had the Paella and a lobster tamale app.  Stellar.

They have moved (from South Pearl?) but they are now in the Highland neighborhood at 1575 Boulder St.

http://www.bigredf.com/lola/

They claim to have a vast tequila selection, other than a sip of someone's Mezcal Marg I did not try any on that visit.
Monday is $2 Chicken Taco night.  Interesting.

They seem to be building some lofts that will likely ruin the view of downtown, so I would suggest enjoying the sunset patio dining pretty soon.

-Joel.

PS there is dog parking within view of the patio.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

gragravar

• Supercar
Re: Lola
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 09:01:20 PM »
awww, darn.  by reading just the title, I thought you were picking up something like this:

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 09:01:20 PM »

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 03:26:00 AM »
I was at an event that was catered by Lola and I was very impressed -- catered food often is hard to do very well.
They have an incredible Habanero Pineapple Salsa.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 01:38:20 PM »
We went there one evening and yes, they have a very good tequila selection and the bar-dood really knew his stuff which is always a plus. Another place I've been that scored as well in that department was Zolo (another Big Red F establishment) in Boulder.

Do NOT go to Lola without getting their 'tableside' guac. The guac-girl came to us (we were at the bar) with her cart and whipped up some of the wonderful green goop. We tried an appetizer sampler - all were very good - and some of the desserts. I still haven't been there for dinner yet. This was at the south Pearl location (they used to be next door to Sushi Den) and they were talking the upcoming move so I'm looking forward to checking out the new place.
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM