Author Topic: Omen?  (Read 2548 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Omen?
« on: June 15, 2006, 12:36:35 PM »
So yesterday there I am talking to a co-worker I haven't chatted with in a few weeks. He asks me how the Passat is doing (he is a former 4mo owner). He recalled my P-Brake issue and asked me about reliability now.

I replied that the car has been great and problem free.

Last night, while leaving PetsMart training....CEL. Of course, unlike my old B5 that would alert you and give you some message eluding to the issue I got nothing. Just the Engine light.

If I could get to Randy in a reasonable amount of time I would hit him up for a scan, but I guess it's time to call the dealer and say double you tee eff. :(

Of course I did fill up yesterday, so this morning I removed and replaced the gas cap so we'll see if it clears up at lunch.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: Omen?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 12:13:20 AM »
any resolution?

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 12:13:20 AM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 02:01:38 AM »
Nope. The car drives fine. We'll see tomorrow if it goes away. I am in a class all weekend so I don't know if I can get it in Saturday or not.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 12:47:45 PM »
Cleared up this morning. However, I still want to get the code pulled just because that's how I am. :)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 01:28:50 PM »
I bet you a burger it  was a gas cap thing.

Glad it cleared up.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 01:31:39 PM »
Haha, I still OWE YOU a burger!

I am sure that's what it was as well, it was damn hot out and I was tired when i filled up. The new gas caps are slightly different from the old gas caps, they are a lot easier to ensure they are on all the way. So i was surprised to have a CEL.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 01:36:16 PM »
yeah, maybe it was just the heat and pressure issues.

mmmmmm.....buuuuurrrrgggggeeerrrrrsssss :lol:

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 01:43:42 PM »
We should go out to Old School Burgers, or whatever it;s called now. I love that joint, just like In n Out.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 02:07:31 PM »
there is a better place here in Parker....Cheeseburger Cheeseburger.  Sit down, but they have great burgers.

Old School is good too though.

We should also maybe think about another burger beer night, like at Blake Street Tavern, etc.  Those were fun times.  Simple, not too late, easy enough to do on a week night.

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 03:21:39 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo";p="48079"
there is a better place here in Parker....Cheeseburger Cheeseburger.  Sit down, but they have great burgers.

Old School is good too though.

We should also maybe think about another burger beer night, like at Blake Street Tavern, etc.  Those were fun times.  Simple, not too late, easy enough to do on a week night.

Cheesburger, cheesburger against you there is no other.  I stopped by that place and was so thankfully grateful that I did.  YuMmYy!
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

jamathe

• Stock
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 04:11:22 PM »
Woah, Cheeseburger Cheeseburger is here in Colo??  I went to one of those in Omaha Ne. and it was really good!  Sweet!
im
2004 Jetta GLI