Author Topic: We need a UNIX Admin...got what it takes?  (Read 849 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
We need a UNIX Admin...got what it takes?
« on: June 16, 2006, 08:16:29 PM »
Here is the job description, I can't provide you with any details on pay, sorry. However, if you want to apply I can get you those details, send me a PM.

Unix Administrator

POSITION SUMMARY:
This position is primarily responsible for keeping all UNIX servers and systems performing at peak operating levels. This applies to our 7X24 production website, database and ancillary systems as well as our Development and QA environments.

POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
· This position requires 5 years of hands-on UNIX Admin experience, including administration of servers hosting web/application servers and Oracle databases
· Solaris and Linux experience preferred
· Windows System Administration (Active Directory and Exchange 2003) - 3 years hands-on experience
· Strong working knowledge of SMTP servers, TCP/IP networking, Switches, Firewalls, Load Balancers
· Significant troubleshooting and tuning experience

REQUIRED SKILLS:
· Strong ability to manage multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities
· Comfortable in a start-up environment
· Takes initiative for self-management
· Cultivates and maintains positive relations with other Admins, developers, DBA’s, support staff and the management team

Desires the challenge of owning and building a critical part of the business
Understanding of how the business relates to the technical aspects of the position
Ability to plan and execute production changes with minimal to no impact on uptime
Good communication skills
Ability to demonstrate all of the above

PLUSES:
Project lead experience for 7x24 online systems (planning and executing hardware and software installations and upgrades)
Oracle Database Administration
Cluster management (Veritas, etc)
Telco/PBX administration