Author Topic: check out my new ride!  (Read 891 times)

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
check out my new ride!
« on: June 16, 2006, 02:25:33 AM »
I had a little extra in my savings account, so I decided to pick up this bad boy:

I'd wish!
Actually, my usual parking spaces were taken at Union Station one morning, so what better company for my Passat than to park it next to this Phantom.  Though I'm usually hesitant and avoid parking my car next to hulking large vehicles such as trucks, vans and SUVs, I decided to take my chances  this time 8)

This Rolls participated in the recent Players Poker Run and the day before was covered all over with round yellow stickers.  It's surely a beast, the wheel wells are actually taller than the hood of my car and hood stands almost a foot higher than mine.  It definately has presence, but seeing the intimidating front end up close in person was a bit of a disappointment, other than the retractable hood ornament it looked a bit crude and lacked the kind of detail you expect in a $340,000 car.
The floating centercaps on the wheels (which keeps the RR logo always standing upright) is a neat trick borrowed from spinners -- who would have thunk?!
It's certainly I car I wouldn't mind having if I was obscenely rich. 8)
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Re: check out my new ride!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 03:06:43 PM »
Nice! I'd sport it. I did spot a brand new (w/temp tags) '06 ('07?) M5 yesterday. I wanted to walk in to that little law firm it was parked outside and ask if he could just start it :D
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 03:06:43 PM »

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 01:08:41 PM »
That car has the only form of spinners that I find respectable.

Nice Pic and good find.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065