Author Topic: 16 years later I finally did it!  (Read 1223 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
16 years later I finally did it!
« on: June 18, 2006, 10:46:18 PM »
That's right, I am one step from being 100% legal when riding my motorcycle. I took a MSF/MOST class through ABATE of Colorado this weekend.

I passed the written with a 100% and a the skill with only 3 points, they said I was too slow through the last excercise..whatever.

Anyway, I have my card and just need to visit the DMV this week to have the endorsement added to my license! Woo hoo!

Now if I could just find a damn bike to replace my Hondamatic.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: 16 years later I finally did it!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 12:02:26 AM »
nice, congrats Jay.  I never got my motorcycle cert...just rode them as well.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 12:02:26 AM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 12:56:42 AM »
I tell you what Jon, I was always a believer that if you knew how to ride properly why get it. I even learned to ride at 15 from a motorcycle instructor. Then time progressed, I didn't ride for awhile, got the Honda, and got back into it.

The stuff we did this weekend was really valuable. A lot of things I "forgot" how to do properly and safely.

I really faired well because of my experience, there was a guy taking the class with his son, he rides regularly and has his endorsement, even he got a point against him on the skill test.

Anyway, I promised myself a few years ago I would do this, now with a house, being engaged and a bit wiser it was important to me to be legal. While I have insurance, I doubt they would pay to repair me or my bike in the event of an accident because I would have been riding illegally.

A very worthy $190 I tell you.

In the end, one gal bailed on the class, she had a real tough time and just wants to be a scooter rider. Another gal missed passing by two points. The remaining ten (oncluding myself) passed. Not to shabby considering about half the class had never ever been on a motorcycle.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 12:38:29 PM »
Congrats Jay!  glad to hear the class went well.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 12:49:12 PM »
After  avisit to the DMV this morning...I am 100% legal!