Author Topic: Anybody up for GTG?  (Read 7418 times)

Boris

• Stock
Anybody up for GTG?
« on: November 18, 2003, 01:23:47 AM »
Been gone since 9/10. Finally coming home this Friday (11/21). Anybody wants to GTG and have some beers? Suggestions where & when?

Have lot to tell you. The shit really hit the fan this time, and I did not take any crap anymore. Stand by for explanation. :twisted:
[size=28]REMEMBER!!!![/size]   Where you go, there you are
Living life of crime ain't no fun. It ought to be OUTLAWed!

RobD

• Modded
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 03:53:48 AM »
Boris,

I'd love to catch up on what's been going on but we are loading the Passat and driving back to Ohio to see family for Thanksgiving.  I would like to hook-up after that time if possible.

Rob

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 03:53:48 AM »

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 04:13:54 AM »
i have all next week of :D f....so anytime will be good for me!
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

Chas

• Modded
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 02:39:42 PM »
Yeah, maybe a Saturday GTG or something. We need to plan out our attack on the Timing Belt-a-thon. I guess Pat needs to get his done too. Winston wants to do it as well, but his finacial situation precludes him from participating. In other words, he's flat broke!  :roll:  :lol:  Or better yet, he has other things to do with his money right now. Also, I need to get my VAG-COM back. I have a set of 252cc fuel injectors on their way to me from Rusty and I need to log some fuel trims before and after.

BTW, how did your logging go? Get any cool data?

Anyhow, let's see what we can come up with!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

FastLane

• Stock
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 03:15:30 PM »
Sure, I'd like to do a GTG, nothing realy needed on the car, 'cept an oil change..

EDIT: Can someone please bring a VAGCOM, I forgot the MIL is on, I think a vacuum hose is the culprit, but I am not sure. I have a warranty, but am not so hip to go over to the stealership...
000 A6-Stock (For Sale). 2000 A4-1.8T, Tip, APR, RS4 Rims.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 03:49:15 PM »
Wow!  We heard from Mark and Boris in the same thread.  This should be a good GTG.  I'm down!

I'm off on the weekends, and have a 4 day weekend for the Thanksgiving week.

It's good to hear from you guys.  Mark, how are the Audi's treating you?  Fort Collins still nice?
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

madigan

• Modded
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2003, 04:00:58 PM »
I'm up for a GTG whenever. I just hit 60k last night, ugh..so keep me posted on the timing belt GTG too.
mad wagon

FastLane

• Stock
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2003, 04:04:43 PM »
Hey Winston!! How's it going??

All is well here, Fort Collins is still nice, just windy, really windy!!

Almost a year since I got laid off, hard to believe! I have my own company now, but it is not quite raking in the bucks, just a matter of time, I am sure.

The cars are OK, still trying to sell the A6, but I get a lot of bozos telling me they can get one for $5k less on Ebay. I tell them to go ahead! I have the entire history and everything on this car, the mileage is good, it is warranteed, and I am asking under book, so I am not too far off the mark, I think.

The A4 is great, I have a MIL right now, but maybe can trouble shoot it at this GTG, and it needs an oil change. The APR kicks butt, I lose a little oomph in the Quattro, but the car is easier to keep pointed in the right direction with it. The Passat (VBL) always felt a little loose with the FWD and a lot of boost.

I also sanded and polished the Tip's chrome housing, it now looks like a stainless steel housing, kinda cool!

So, that is about it here. You?

Hey, does anyone know if Pat will make the GTG?

Mark

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2003, 04:07:09 PM »
I'm doing well.  I have some big news to announce soon, but otherwise, Jen and I are great.  

I'm almost 100% sure Pat is down for a GTG.  I think he has the flu though, since he went home early yesterday and hasn't responded on his own yet...

Boris

• Stock
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2003, 04:40:06 PM »
Jesse from SLC (CDR99) just posted on CB5. He will be in Denver on Friday. I will most likely meet him somewhere and maybe have a dinner. He has to get up at 4 AM on Saturday so nothing wild. If anybody's interested watch for details. We'll go somewhere in LODO.

As for GTG on Saturday, I am all for it. Somebody suggest a place, or we can just meet at my place.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2003, 09:47:21 PM »
Man, I got to work this weekend (what else is new..hehehe) so I will miss out on all the fun.  Boris, glad to hear you are back in town...maybe eventually you will fill us all in on the crap, I hope things are better now.

cheers
jon

Chas

• Modded
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2003, 10:50:31 PM »
Quote from: "ColoradoB5"
I'm doing well.  I have some big news to announce soon, but otherwise, Jen and I are great.  

Hmmmm... Let me see, hmmmm... Ah! I think I know what Winston is getting at. He he he HA!!!

If it is what I think it is, do all your modding now. That's all I'll say. HA! 8)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :roll:  :wink:
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

Chas

• Modded
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2003, 10:54:45 PM »
Oh, and Mark, good to hear from you. I'll have my VAG-COM if Boris brings it back to me. I really need to do the fuel trim logging as I just found 4, mostly new 252cc fuel injectors on my front porch a little while ago. I need to do some baseline readings and then install the new fuelies!!!  :lol:  :D

So if Boris remembers and we can GTG this saturday, then we can sure find out what's going on with your car and the CEL. BTW, if it is a vac hose, don't bother to buy any, I have a ton of it laying around the garage.  :roll:  Don't ask...
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

RobD

• Modded
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2003, 12:35:53 AM »
Winston - Can you say LATCH?  Easy Mod for the back seat.

Edit - Forgot to add it's free from the dealer too!

Chas

• Modded
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2003, 02:14:29 AM »
Alright Rob, stop rubbing that one in. I paid about $80 for all of my hardware. But then again, Winston has a 2000 model year car, he should have those in place.

Rob is thinking the same thing I am. Hmmmm... Are we right? Don't answer, yet.

So what are we talking about for this GTG, this Saturday or next Saturday? And what are we going to get done at this one? I might be able to offer up my house if I know what's going to happen and how many are thinking of coming.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

RobD

• Modded
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2003, 02:57:11 AM »
Chas I had no idea that you had these as well and had to pay for them.  I was ready to pay for them and Brad at Osborn told me VW would cover the cost for one set.  That was a bonus.  

I wish I could make this one.  I kind of feel like Randy (krautsled) or Jon missing GTG.  Oh well there will always be the next one.

BTW how's the family doing?

BlackA4

• n00balicious
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2003, 06:01:44 AM »
I would like to make it to this GTG just to meet every body.
I will bring my VAGCOM. But if anybody has a laptop vagcom I suggest bringing that. Its easy to bring my computer but its a desktop computer. No worries though, its still easy to bring.

By the way is the GTG this Sat or next. I'm down either way.
att

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2003, 02:39:00 PM »
I'd like to stop by and see if my car's pulling any codes...My 50k is up in  about 400mi. It's got me freaking out. Anyway, I have a Garage Sale I'm doing on Saturday (I think) right around the corner from Chas' so if it's there, I'd like to stop by and say hullo.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

HawkmanA4

• Stock
    • http://vanekh.oasiswellness.com/
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2003, 05:56:35 PM »
Let me know where and when and I will be there! Looking forward to meeting more of you. :D
00 A4 1.8TQMS- FOR SALE
'04 A4 Avant 1.8TQM Ultra Sprot
Hawk Vanek
HawkInvestmentRealty@comcast.net
www.SoarWithHawk.com

BlackA4

• n00balicious
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2003, 11:17:05 PM »
Well crap.... I forgot that I planned to go Snowboarding with my girlfriend this Saturday. If anybody would rather do it Sunday I am in for sure..... maybe better weather too.  Snow in forcast for Saturday.

Also, if you guys are meeting up Saturday maybe we could all get together somewhere, i.e. Fox and Hound  / Red and Jerry's what ever and watch the Aves game Saturday night... Just a thought I could make it to that. Be home from boarding by then. One more thing. Could someone that is definatly going Saturday e-mail me your numbers so that I could get in touch if by chance I am back in town by noon. Then I could call and meet up.
att

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2003, 01:29:34 AM »
Quote from: "Boris"
Jesse from SLC (CDR99) just posted on CB5. He will be in Denver on Friday. I will most likely meet him somewhere and maybe have a dinner. He has to get up at 4 AM on Saturday so nothing wild. If anybody's interested watch for details. We'll go somewhere in LODO.

Ah, LoDo!!!  I'm usually there on the weekends -- I know some really great places to eat and drink.
We could meet up at my place (I live at 18th and Washington) and we could either walk there or car pool to LoDo (I have a parking space there), as finding parking on a friday night is a pain and you have to feed the meters until 10pm.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2003, 03:24:28 AM »
date time and place.... and ill show up (in winter mode)
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

BlackA4

• n00balicious
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2003, 04:47:48 AM »
Speaking of winter mode, today I broke down, swapped wheels and put in my winter floor mats. I hope to not have too bad of weather to drive in while going skiing Saturday.  :roll:
att

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2003, 12:14:23 PM »
I'm down for Friday Boris.  Like kto37 (Mike) said, just say when and where.  Meeting at Alan's is a good idea...Let's do it.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2003, 09:28:36 PM »
Sounds great!

Here's directions to my place:

- On I-25 exit at 20th Street.
- Follow 20th Street east (you will pass Coors Field and LoDo) until you are forced to take a right at Arapahoe Street.
- Get to the left-most lane (it's one way), and turn left at the first lights (that's 19th Street).
- Get to the left-most lane (it's also one way) and you will see a Avis Rent-A-Car to your left, which it where you want to turn left to get back on to 19th Street.
- About 4 or 5 blocks you will approach Washington Street (it's the street after Pearl St., there's a large three-block long condo development on your left just before my place).

My place is the large brick building at the corner.  It's called Saint Lukes Lofts.  There's only 4 guest parking spaces at the south end, but there's usually plenty of street parking.
My fridge and bar are stocked so we could do a drinkie or two before heading to LoDo.

BlackA4

• n00balicious
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2003, 10:12:49 PM »
I could possibly hook up with yaall on Friday night. I'll let you know Friday morning/afternoon.  :)
att

Boris

• Stock
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2003, 12:41:53 AM »
OK Alan, that sounds good. Jesse will call me when he gets in and I'll pick him up at the airport. I am still in Sheridan, but should leave tomorrow morning and be in Denver sometime in the afternoon. I will check the boards tomorrow morning so post what time you want us to get to your place. We have plan now :wink:

My new tel # is 720-480-8736

Is anything gonna go also on on Saturday? Anybody?

FastLane

• Stock
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2003, 01:10:22 AM »
So are we setting it for Friday then? I am looking at some new rental properties Friday (work/making money/making the house payment must intrude on the social life here) as I was expecting to go to the GTG Saturday. If anyone is up for something Saturday, I'll do that.

Chas

• Modded
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2003, 02:48:02 AM »
Well I just took a job for Friday afternoon and on into the night. I'm going to be skiing up at Loveland as I work and then down to Denver for some finish up at the DU pool facility. Don't ask, it's some freaky little documentary or something I got rangled into. Anyhow, I dought I'll be in any shape to make it over to where you guys will be at. I was hoping that it would get over at a decent time, but I'll be working untill at least 9pm. If it ends earlier I'll call Boris on his cell and see if I can hook up with folks. We'll see, but I think I just gave this one the kiss of death. I am so hosed now! :roll:
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Anybody up for GTG?
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2003, 03:13:56 AM »
I'm usually off work around 5:30, so just to be on the safe side you could drop by my place anytime after 6:30.

My cell: 720.341.6507

-Alan.