Author Topic: Morning rant!!! :x  (Read 1570 times)

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Morning rant!!! :x
« on: July 21, 2006, 02:05:01 PM »
If you guessed drivers, you are right!  Twice within the last 24 hours I have had to lay on my horn and swerve out of the way of cars changing lanes without using their turn signals or even looking.  I was going home yesterday afternoon on Broadway, just north of I-25 and a chevy pickup just came over like a grazing cow and eventhough I honked at him, he could not be bothered.  This monring I was on 6th avenue just before the I-25 underpass and this guy in a toyota sedan just came over, again no signal or looking.  I honked at him and he swerved back and cranked his head around.  I think I woke him up or somthing.  I am just glad that I am 2 for 2 and was alert enough to take action.  I know my car is just a car, but I think I would seriously consider hurting someone if my baby was damaged.

The funny thing is, that if a driver puts their turn signal on, I will slow down and let them in.  My take on this is that their car must have had the turn signal as an option when they bought the car and they decided to pass getting it. :roll:
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
Re: Morning rant!!! :x
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 02:44:11 PM »
Don't even get me started on the drivers in this state. :roll:
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 02:44:11 PM »

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 02:49:13 PM »
I too have had two instances similar to this when in my car.  Suprisingly I have yet to go through them on the new motorcycle.  Go figure...
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 03:00:02 PM »
I've had a few on the BMW, but my horn is so freaking lound on that thing it scares the drivers pretty well. Not to mention a shaking of the fist helps to let them know what they did was unacceptable.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 03:45:13 PM »
I installed two 120 dB Hella Supertone horns behind my grille for all those clueless idiots.

If the driver is really bad and on the highway, I sometimes call *CSP (Colorado State Patrol) on my cell phone and report the person's driving to the police.  That usually gets the message across -- especially now since the police has a new fleet of stealthy black Plymouth Chargers to catch aggressive and careless drivers.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 11:30:48 PM »
Sorry guys, I'll try to remember to use my mirrors and blinkers  :D
Life's too short to be taken seriously

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 12:13:15 AM »
Quote from: "Spicoli";p="49319"
Sorry guys, I'll try to remember to use my mirrors and blinkers  :D

:lol:
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

TurboDub

• Modded
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 01:38:54 AM »
THis morning on Alameda this ^%*#%@ retart was driving like seriously 20 mph...I got not even somewhat close to her butt thinking "Um hello??" and she brake checked me hard!!

I downshifted and swerved around her...and too my amazement she was videotaping who the F knows what WHILE SHE WAS DRIVING!!! She held the camera up at me as I cruised past as if I should be threatened!

SO You guys may see me on 9 news as a "roadrager" tonight

...I'm the one in the silver car holding up my middle finger and yelling "A$$HOLEEEEEE!!!!"  :evil:  :lol:
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT