Author Topic: Anyone else get bent over by Discount Disposal?  (Read 10732 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Anyone else get bent over by Discount Disposal?
« on: July 02, 2006, 02:23:45 AM »
If ANYONE, has the address for the Stantons, owners of Discount Disposal and ABC Recycling please let me know. I have two weeks of trash I would like to deliver to their house.

They are in Highlands Ranch, I just am not sure where.

RobD

• Modded
Re: Anyone else get bent over by Discount Disposal?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 02:32:34 AM »
Ahhhh the pleaseures of home ownership!

Jay I'm in Salina KS right now but get back in town tomorrow.  Lets really hook up this week so i can hook you up with some coin!

Rob

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 02:32:34 AM »

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 05:14:05 AM »
I saw something on 9news about it.

They've taken off, and abandoned their office (they owed a lot in back rent).
Contact the BBB, as they are taking care of this problem as it affected a lot of people (most of them paid for their services in advance).

Good luck.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 01:05:10 PM »
Yeah, they shut down Thursday night because all their trucks got repoed.

They are  abunch of liars, they act like they did everything they could and it was business as usual. I knew they were a small struggling company but stuck with them.

In April they contacted us and asked us to renew early this year so that not all their customers were on the same annual billing cycle. Which makes sense when you are small and need that cash to spread out and not just come once a year.

The issue is this is not a surprise to them, they knew it was coming and instead of contacting their customers they chose to just wait until they were forced to close leaving 6,000+ customers with weeks of trash piling up.

I am aware thet they have already sold their customer list, as some folks found out last week receiving letters from competitors seeking their business with the closing of DD/ABC.

There are a lot of people in my neighborhood that use them and while we are fortunate for not having that much trash, thre are a few houses with a TON of trash.

We leave today for Vegas, so I wont have time to find another company until we get back, so it will ptobably be another two weeks before we get trash service again.

I will file a report with the BBB when I get back, it is futile at this point. The businesses are done, there is no money, I am out about $100, but I have a nice $65 trash can. I just hope they manufacturer of the can doesn't come by asking for it (we did not have to pay for the can) because I'm not giving it up unless I get my money back. :)

pickle

• n00balicious
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 05:31:09 PM »
Feel free to share this info with your angry and disappointed neighbors.  The registered agent, as of June 30th, for Discount Disposal is Terry Evanson, 10175 S Oneida St. Littleton, CO 80124.  303-792-3202.  I bet he lives in a very expensive house.  As of June 30, they changed the registered agent to Darren Stanton. Terry is just trying to get out of this.  I'm still trying to decide if he is a stupid businessman or a fraud.  

Here is the info for the new registered agent of Discount Disposal.  He was also published as the Operations Manager in the news report.

Stanton Darren
9875 S Merimbula St Highlands Ranch CO 801307167
(303) 683-2973

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 05:34:06 PM »
Beautiful! Thanks Pickle!

I did sign up with another service, but I think everyone should pay them a visit and ask them why they defrauded us?

I really hope the Douglas County DA and hopefully the Arapahoe County DA file charges against these scumbags.

pickle

• n00balicious
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 05:44:28 PM »
Here's another review I wrote about them.  I am trying to publish Terry and Darren's contact info so that we can all voice how angry we are.  I bet personally, they can fund a refund to us all.

http://denver.yourhub.com/Story.aspx?contentid=101396

bunny28

• n00balicious
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 12:42:47 PM »
Darren Stanton lives on my street 9875 Merimbula HR 80130 is his address, he is still driving his Cadillac Escalade!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 12:48:03 PM »
That just pisses me off!

Then again it was an LLC for this very reason, to protect himslf. However, I wonder how much of our money is funding his house and escalade.

If you see him, tell I think he is scum.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 04:23:20 PM »
By the way, I have posted about this on my blog as well

http://www.jaygietl.com

I just added a link to Zillow which shows his house in HR and it's approx value. Not to shabby, defraud 6,000 people, stay in your $265K home and cruise aorund in your $50K SUV. I wish I had that life.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 12:47:54 PM »
Quick update, just saw this article on the Centennial Citizen website. Looks like Douglas County has begun forclosing on the Stanton's house.

While I would usually feel bad for that happening to someone, I consider it Karma.

Lippy

• n00balicious
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 06:55:41 PM »
I'm out $100 too. Apparently they just asked a bunch of existing customers to pre-pay for the upcoming year for service beginning July 1. Guess he has to make his car payment somehow...ha ha. I found a posting for a DA regarding this. Not sure whether it's legitimate or not, but might be worth a try:

If you were a customer of Discount Disposal please MAIL your complaint along with copies of any correspondence from the company to: 18th Judicial DA's Office Attn: Investigator Randy Williamson 7305 South Potomac St. Suite 300 Centennial, CO 80112

Bogtrotter

• n00balicious
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 06:15:54 AM »
Darren Stanton owned Suburban Waste Services which he sold after he ran it into the ground and defrauded the Colorado Compensation Insurance Authority (now Pinnacol). There's a pending judgment against him in Denver county court, #L90069 for $7540 (view at http://www.denvergov.org/court/courtselect.asp).  I walked over to the plaintiff's attorney: Randall D. Johannes' office at 600 Seventeenth Street, Denver, CO 80202 (303) 830-0075.  I gave them all the new info that's out there about him now because the case is still open since they have never been able to serve him... I didn't get the impression that they will try either. I also called Pinnacol at 303-361-4000 and gave all this new info to their legal department... I think that I interrupted their lunch. I spent an hour typing this into the web site of the 'Centennial Citizen' and received an edit that they review all comments to stories before they add them to their website... they never did add it or respond to my e-mail. They are frail untermensch. You can see the history of Darren Stanton's dukie businesses at the Colorado Secretary of State's web site under a name search via advanced search, and thus the calculated timing of changes he made which coincided with the cashing of the checks everyone sent and closing of the business.  His wife Cheryl opened an account at US Bank in 2003. # 103673778785 (public info). Darren was not added as a signer because US Bank does credit checks on the signers for the initial opening of business accounts, and he would have been turned down because the judgment against him would show up there.  US Bank's policy is to run credit checks when additional signers are added, but this never happens so Darren was added later and began to plan the defrauding of the 6000 customers that paid for their crappy service.  He was in Portland, Oregon on 06/14/06 when he deposited the last group of checks that were sent to him, and immediately withdrew the funds, and wrote checks against the zero balance.  The US Bank account now has a sub-zero balance. I called their fraud department to let them know... I think I interrupted their circle jerk. Look for him to start a new business in Oregon when he loses his house here.  BTW, I wonder if it's a bad deal to be foreclosed on if you take out a home equity line for 120% LTV and draw out the entire amount? I don't think so.  Finally, look closely at the letter you received from Suburban Waste Services soliciting your business as a result of Discount Disposal going out of business.  It is the name sake of the company he owned before when he was sued by Pinnacol and sold it.  He sold everyone's name and address to the new owner for an additional profit. Don't expect the DA to do anything... Darren Stanton didn't kill anyone (as far as we know).