Author Topic: I need to get in shape  (Read 5029 times)

evil_O

• Modded
Re: I need to get in shape
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2006, 08:55:52 PM »
I never work out.
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i
2008 Subaru Tribeca (5 pass. Ltd.)

"I hate cops."

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2006, 04:24:28 PM »
I was thinking you were getting a little slobbish. BTW: what Dist are you in? Same as was with your FTO? I need to do a ride ;) Tish's gone for about four days over 9/8-11...crap though, they didn't call me back the last time I tried, I think it's 'cause I don't have a social card and they require one :? ...funny, I can get through all the testing but can't get a ride :roll:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2006, 04:24:28 PM »

evil_O

• Modded
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2006, 10:53:20 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan";p="49898"
I was thinking you were getting a little slobbish. BTW: what Dist are you in? Same as was with your FTO? I need to do a ride ;) Tish's gone for about four days over 9/8-11...crap though, they didn't call me back the last time I tried, I think it's 'cause I don't have a social card and they require one :? ...funny, I can get through all the testing but can't get a ride :roll:

You are not the first to ask.  I need to find out how to go about doing it and I will advise... peese
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i
2008 Subaru Tribeca (5 pass. Ltd.)

"I hate cops."

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2006, 09:15:24 PM »
Update:  I decided to give the workout at the beginning of this thread a shot.  Problem was, I was so freeking out of shape, I couldn't even do one of the workouts in Level 1 week 1.   8O

So, I custom designed my own 4 week ramp up to begin this program.  I completed that and have completed Level 1 Weeks 1, 2 &3.  Today I began level 1 week 4.  I was able to do the 3 mile run, 5x25 pushups, 5x25 situps, and 3x4 pullups.   8)

that was the first time I have run 3 miles since college - back in '92.   seems to be going well so far.  

At this rate, I'll finish level 1 in late october.  At that point I plan to sustain just repeating the Level 1 week 9 workout through the holidays.  then in January I'll debate about doing the Level II program.  My concern is the HUGE time commitment it looks like that is going to take.

Oh, and in the last 7 weeks of working out - my weight is completely unchanged. my arms are bigger, my waist is smaller (only a little) and I generally feel MUCH more fit, but 0 weight change.  I have a feeling that will change as the milage startes to really increase with the runs in the next couple weeks.  today was 490 calories on the treadmill.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2006, 10:42:32 PM »
Don't forget, muscle weighs more than fat!