Author Topic: [RANT] I can't begin to express...  (Read 1212 times)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
[RANT] I can't begin to express...
« on: August 18, 2006, 10:50:55 AM »
...how much I hate corporate management practices. I was made full time by our previous supervisor not more than a month and a half a ago since she was being ousted in lieu of new "in-house" supervision. He comes in real quiet and nice for the first month. Now, however, he doesn't like who and what he's got going on so he's changing it up, bringing in his own people and I'm forced to look for other work. Nothing's been officially stated...yet.

:evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

I'm getting tired of this. I should have stayed in radio- it's the same damn thing. New GM/PD comes in, you're not #1- even though you're working your ass of to be #1 and he kicks everyone out and brings in his own crew....this is retarded, really @#$#! retarded. I have emails from attorneys and secretaries out the wazoo thanking me for my speed, professionalism and attentivness to the their needs.

I get along exceptionally well with everyone else...but it doesn't matter, he doesn't like me or anyone else and has been pulling us in every couple of weeks for the last three weeks now riding  us for inconsquential shit, hinting at "moving on" or "that conversation" or "heading down that road." Any mention or talk of the good things we do (ie. 81 reqeusts in one day- just me).

I've been a supervisor/manager- three years infact, and NEVER had the kind of issues and work environment he's created- one girl does a good job, tries hard but has been crying for the last two days. One is so stressed he can't get his work straight causing the rest of us to do more and the rest hate the suprvisors guts and are all planning on quitting. THEY ALL DO GOOD WORK!!!! WTF?!?!

[/RANT]

Anyway, my resume's out. Life's too short to put up with BS. And now I have to go to work...the only place I know where hell is up :roll: :lol:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: [RANT] I can't begin to express...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 11:04:47 AM »
Sounds like you have some good contacts though through the office. Meaning those that have mentioned how much they appreciate your work surely know others in other offices/firms.

Business is business, whether it is right or not. I feel for you, I have had bad managers before as well. Fortunately for me I either found a better job, stuck it out until they were fired or walked in an quit when I couldn't tolerate their terrible management style.

It is clear the new guy can't manage worth a crap. He probably has folks he has worked with or managed before, found that they will get more money in this job so is making that decision.

The real question is, he reports to someone clearly. What does that person think? You feel that your job is being done properly and even going above and beyond what's required. Colorado is an at will state, but you can't be driven out of a job.

If they lay you off, they ahve to pay unemployment. If you quit they don't. I believe the same goes if you are fired for doing a bad job. (not sure though).

So it is to his benefit to ride your ass, belittle you, and make your life miserable so you quit. At the same time, he can use this bs tactic if you don't quit and fire you "justifying" the firing (in his mind).

You really are screwed at this point I hate to say. YOu are doing the right thing though. Get the resume freshened up, get it out there. You have experience from this employer, take advantage of that.

Just remember, build bridges, don't burn them. No matter how much this guy pisses you off, don't let it shine through in interviews.

Good luck, and don't forget there is a pretty good network of folks here, get us your resume and we can get it out there as well.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 11:04:47 AM »

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 12:18:41 PM »
I know...you guys are great. I'm not sure what his employer thinks...right now though, life's too short for a bunch of BS. I know I'm screwed. He's pulling a few of us in (same position) as much as possible to reprimand our mistakes not matter how big/small. This is NOT happening with others.

In any case, I'm meeting with HR today (upon recommendation of several in-house people) to either a) express and hear what he suggests or b) file a formal complaint. I'm going down, but I'm going down swinging this time :lol:

It's equally frustrating knowing you work for quite possibly, the number 1 employment law firm in the country... :?

I'm MORE than happy to send anyone a resume who wants to pass it around. I've got several leads as it is and money in the hole in case I need to take a "break"

EDIT: Wow...an HR department that well, does HR! My rant still stands though.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Lila

• Lightly Modded
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 07:52:20 PM »
Who do you work for????

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 08:35:29 PM »
Quote from: "Lila";p="49979"
Who do you work for????

A really huge, very expensive law firm in the Wells Fargo building. In any case, they have a very level headed HR department for which I'm glad. In fact, I received more good news...the weekend will start off well :)
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner