Author Topic: Get out your winter wheels...  (Read 6440 times)

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
Get out your winter wheels...
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2003, 04:58:40 AM »
BTW...i am not in any way doubting what you said nor am i trying to be a d|ck, i am however more curious than anything else....
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2003, 01:03:51 PM »
No problem, knowledge is power.  

Maybe it is the place that you take them.  I have always gone to the state run Envirotest off of Mansfield and Federal just south of Hampden.  The independant test sites may not do the simulated driving test which require rollers for the front wheels to free spin while the car is tested.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2003, 01:03:51 PM »

BlackA4

• n00balicious
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2003, 07:54:00 PM »
All vehicles here in Denver are roller tested except mototrhomes and older vehicles 1980 and older. (estimated) I am sure there are others that are not roller tested. Every time I have been to the Denver test place they are testing all cars. They have different standards in each area. Example.. Durango where I lived for a couple of years has no emmisions at all. You can drive with no exaust for all they care. But they do have a noise ordinance. Fountain might have different standards.  :D
att

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2003, 06:50:53 PM »
Yeah, the roller testing is just a Denver/Boulder thing. (http://www.aircarecolorado.com/)  There are only a dozen or so locations where you get tested.  When I lived in Ft. Collins you could go to just about any mechanic and get tested.  When my car was tested after I bought it used, the tech behind the wheel was weaving all over the place on those rollers.  I thought for sure they were gonna wreck my damn car!  I'd definitely put on some "beater" rims before I go back.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2003, 05:13:55 PM »
Jay I have the stock 15" rubber (still on my 15" rims) that you could have if you wanted to pay to have them removed from the wheels.  Two tires are decent two are a bit worn.  Your call.[/quote]

Jay - I now have my snow tires on and had the 15" goodyears that were on there taken off.  They are yours is you like.  Two are in pretty good shape and two are kind of worn.  Let me know if you want them.  If Jay does not want them they are open to anyone else.  I cannot remember what model they are but will check and let you know.

Rob

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2003, 05:17:38 PM »
Rob -

Thanks man, I am going to pass. I think I'll get a new set of all season tires.  I'm about done with my bills, but I probably wont get any tires until January.

Thanks again!