Author Topic: HELLO  (Read 3454 times)

4motionNICK

• n00balicious
HELLO
« on: July 28, 2006, 03:18:56 AM »
HI EVERYONE I JUST JOINED. I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 2001 VW PASSAT V6 4MOTION TIPTRONIC. AND A WEEK LATER HAD A CUSTOM EXHAUST PUT ON IT WITH TUNEABLE MAXSPEED MUFFLERS. I AM HOPING SOMEONE OUT THERE CAN HELP ME WITH MORE MODS ON THIS CAR BECAUSE I CANNOT SEEM TO FIND ANY AFTERMARKET PARTS FOR IT, AND IT IS BREAKING MY HEART. THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME. ITS QUICK THE WAY IT IS, BUT I NEED MORE SPEED MAN.
001 VW PASSAT, V6, 4MOTION, TIPTRONIC.
CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST W/ MAXSPEED TUNEABLE MUFFLERS.
MORE TO COME SOON!

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
Re: HELLO
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 11:04:10 AM »
welcome.   You have come to the right place.

RMCB5 is a good place to get help.

Life's too short to be taken seriously

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 11:04:10 AM »

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 12:09:22 PM »
Jack you're so mean...yup. Right place. Most of us at one time or another have had a modified Passat.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 01:11:57 PM »
I thought it was funny.  He was looking for help, since I was one of the few that hasn't owned a Passat or other B5, I thought I could help with something I did know.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 01:19:53 PM »
Quote from: "Spicoli";p="49508"
I thought it was funny.  He was looking for help, since I was one of the few that hasn't owned a Passat or other B5, I thought I could help with something I did know.

it was funny.

4motionNICK, welcome aboard.  you should be able to pick up some good ideas here.  with the V6, your power mod options may be a little limited unless you have a really large budget - then anything is possible (Cayanne turbo engine swap?)
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

4motionNICK

• n00balicious
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 09:31:52 PM »
Thanks for all your replies allready. Sorry about the caps lock, my keyboard was all screwed up my son threw it. I got a new one now as you can see. I would love to do a cayanne engine swap, but I'm afraid I don't have the money to even pretend like that would be an option. I'm gonna have the computer tuned by neuspeed or another company like it. And I am going to get one of the suspension kits available for it as well as a body kit. But I was hoping to find an intake kit, maybe a turbo kit. Hey what about that universal mount srew type compressor thats available, I saw one on a website last night it was only about $1500. Is that a possibility for me, and what kind of power increase would that yield? Also what do you think about nitrous? I also found a universal wet kit on the same website. Nitrous scares me because I don't know enough about volkwagen motors, how would my motor hold up to a light shot? Would I blow the heads right off, or melt the pistons or something. My car stock supposedly produces a little over 200 flwhp, and something like 190 at the wheels. If I could produce somewhere around 260-300 range at the wheels I would be much happier. It ran low 18's high 17's with the new exhaust. I need to go faster than that. I still have some exhaust work to do also. I am having the third muffler removed and hard piped. A custom x pipe installed to replace the factory h pipe setup, and high flow cats. that should be done this month.
MORE TO COME SOON!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 11:06:42 PM »
Nick -

In terms of best bang for the buck, Super CHarger is really your option. PES makes one, you are looking around $2500 or so for one for parts, then install.

The SC should give your roughly 40 - 50 more HP, add an intake, exhaust and maybe the right tuning and you could be at the 260 range.

Adding NOS will give you a boost of power of course, not sure on the real benefit without some of the other higher end modifications.

4motionNICK

• n00balicious
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 04:27:17 AM »
pes has a G2 supercharger kit, 295 horsepower, but it is actually $4995
MORE TO COME SOON!

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 05:32:06 AM »
Superchargers sound great and work great... but they are weird.  You don't feel like you're accelerating as fast as you are.  You watch the needle just scream up, but the car doesn't feel as quick as the needle climbs... maybe it is from the high HP lower torque numbers....

.... they sound wicked though.

4motionNICK

• n00balicious
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 04:27:47 PM »
I've owned a couple of supercharged cars and they have all boosted pretty hard, and accelerated pretty hard. So I don't know what kind of supercharged car you rode in. But if it were like a GTP grand prix I guess I could see what you are saying. Or a supercharged cobalt even. The only difference is, it's not like a turbo where you have to wait for it to spool. I guess in that manner it could make the acceleration feel less extreme since you are getting it spread out over your whole rpm range versus getting it all within a 3000 rpm range. Two different approaches to the same end. Bottom line though, is there are no turbo kits available for my car. And if there were one, good luck installing it. Have you seen how tight packed that engine is in the engine compartment. The only reason the supercharger works and is so easy to install is because it is not a centrifugal type blower, it is a roots type dual screw huffer. So if mounts on the top of your motor replacing your old intake manifold. Almost a completely stockdeck height and everything. And yet there is still the major problem,... where do I pick up $4995 from? Guess I'll have to put my wife back out on the streets huh? lol
MORE TO COME SOON!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 05:20:08 PM »
I think what Jack was eluding to is exactly what you said Nick, with an SC, you don't get the sudden surge of power you get from a turbo, with the SC it is smooth and you get moving really fast really quick and don't even realize it's happening. :)

The only real turbo mod I have seenis to get a 2.7 (twin turb) from an Audi and jam it in there. Doing this will make that SC seem cheap.

I thought PES had a lower end SC, which is what I was attempting to quote from. Maybe not anymore.

The 2.8 V6 is a nice smooth engine that is relatively bomb proof. However, when it comes to performance mods, it costs you quite a bit to get what you want.

Gutz

• Stock
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 09:34:07 PM »
hey nick good to have you i hope to see u around
bandimere some more!!

4motionNICK

• n00balicious
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 11:09:45 PM »
Hey gutz whats going on man. I pm'ed you. I'll be at the track this wednesday. Try and go if you can.
MORE TO COME SOON!

methodicalmayhem

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 08:29:13 PM »
a few people from MetroDubs will be at Bandimere this Wednesday August 2nd.  Just look for the modded VW's, you cant miss a couple of them :lol:
Studded - Vol. 1 - Our first full length DVD: Now Available!

4motionNICK

• n00balicious
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 09:07:15 PM »
went to bandi, didn't see many guys there, but there were a few guys from metrodubs there. Didn't run so well, but I did have a perfect light. 0.00 reaction time!!! Of course the run was ruined by the 12 second trans am that I was racing, but at least I had a perfect light huh? oh well maybe I'll see some of you guys out there next time. Not going this next wednesday but I should be out there the wednesday after that.
MORE TO COME SOON!