Author Topic: New wheels for Allroad?  (Read 1498 times)

English

• Lightly Modded
New wheels for Allroad?
« on: August 25, 2006, 05:32:27 PM »
Anyone out there put aftermarket / different OEM Audi wheels on their Allroad? I have seen RS4 wheels and S4 wheels on Allroads in the past but i'm not sure of the exact sizes and if they are using spacers?.......i allways thought spacers were are bad thing?.....help...anyone.....
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS

"It's like pie and chips.......for free"

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: New wheels for Allroad?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 05:51:25 PM »
I had aftermarket rims on my allroad, ran 15mm H&R spacers with a hub-centric perch...no problems at all.  My offest was finally at et15 with those spacers, and I had lowered the car with the 402 mod.

The rims were 18x8.5 and I had 245-45-18 tires on there, no rubbing what so ever, no suspension issues.

You should check out www.audiworld.com and look into the allroad forum as well, there is a ton of great information in that location.  There are several allroaders in this forum as well.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 05:51:25 PM »

English

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 05:55:02 PM »
Nice....thanks for the info...i'll check out the other forums...
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 06:09:24 PM »
Lots of rims with fit the allroad, but the allroad requires a funny offset.  With an 8 1/2 in wide rim you need to aim for a 20 offset, with an 8" wide one a 25 offset.  Most rims you find with the Audi 5x112 bolt pattern will have an offset of 35.  so you'll need either a 10 or 15 mm spacer to make them fit.  

spacers do add some additional stress to the wheel bolts so I'd be hesitant to go with any wider than 20mm.  also don't forget longer bolts if you use spacers.

finally you do have the option to do what I did and go with OEM wheels from the dealer parts counter. you wont need spacers on those, just remember to bargin on the price as list on them is bad.

for wheels that fit check out hartmann wheels and ronal.  If you have the $ I have always loved the look of BBS rims on the allroad.  Some of the Oz rims look good too.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

English

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 06:16:17 PM »
you can haggle on the price with a dealer?...sounds like a plan..
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 06:39:53 PM »
Quote from: "English";p="50148"
you can haggle on the price with a dealer?...sounds like a plan..

just like buying the car itself.    :D

just remember to ask the question, "can you do any better than that?"  I have found that phrase to be good for 10-20% off most items at the dealer parts counter.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein