Author Topic: Elegant Green Spotting  (Read 2422 times)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Elegant Green Spotting
« on: October 06, 2003, 01:28:02 AM »
So I saw an elegant green rolling down Parker and unless Chas got an aftermarket exhaust and 18" rims...I don't know who it was...anybody else see this guy?
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Elegant Green Spotting
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 06:34:12 PM »
Never seen him.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Elegant Green Spotting
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 06:34:12 PM »

Chas

• Modded
Elegant Green Spotting
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 06:35:24 PM »
I wish I had a new exhaust and 18's, but sadly, no. That wasn't me.  :(

It's a funny thing about Aurora and Elegant Green Passats. I believe that Tynna's VW got the whole allotment of EG Passats for all of Colorado and they sold them all to Aurora residents or something like that. Right after I got mine back in June of '99 I imediatly saw 3 other EG passats. 1 Sedan and 2 Variants. One of the Variants was a V6. Other than that, Elegant Green is still a fairly un-common color. Not like Nebio Blue, but not too common.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Elegant Green Spotting
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 07:16:38 PM »
Just saw him again on Smokey Hill heading the opposite way towards Quincy. I got a closer look and he's got a least a 2" dish on RZ style-looking rims and if he's not rubbing, I'd be suprised The guy's car is slammed. Tinted windows, the little back-up light portion of his tails is tinted. Huge dual-chrome exhaust. I think he's still sporting his orange though.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Elegant Green Spotting
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 08:54:15 PM »
We need to pin him down and see if he is aware of us.  Sounds like he would be cool to hook up with.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Chas

• Modded
Elegant Green Spotting
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2003, 02:22:17 AM »
What color are the wheels JR? I saw an 1.8T EG Passat that was slammed down on some black, mesh looking rims. I never saw the wheels at rest. The look was nice! This car also had temp tags on it. They had just bought it from McDonald VW. I was following them on Tower/Resavoir Rd. for a while then pulled up next to it. The windows were way tinted, but in todays sunny conditions I made out what looked like a 70 year old man in the passenger's seat and an older woman driving. I'm not sure though. We were heading South so the driver's side was in the shade and with the dark tint it was hard to get a real good look. But I thought I saw a huge diamond ring gleaming in the sun coming through the windshield. It's funny what you can get in a quick glance.  :)

I thought for sure the driver would have made some sort of eye contact with me in my EG car, but nothing. They never came chasing after me once I passed them. Huh? :roll:  :roll:  :cry: The car also had a Kamie mesh grille with the Kamie badge still on it.

I was really disapointed that I got no rise out of that car.  :(  It sure looked sweet!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

Chas

• Modded
Elegant Green Spotting
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2003, 02:26:18 AM »
Oh, hold it, you said the car you saw had duel exhaust tips? The car I saw had no visable exhaust mods. It looked stock from the rear. It still had the Passat badging on the deck lid and no 1.8T emblem either.

I think we are taking about two different cars here. Freaky dude!  8O  :wink:
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Elegant Green Spotting
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2003, 04:00:26 PM »
I think we are too. The car I've seen has silver rims on it and I never got a look at the driver. I was in the mx-6 both times I saw him, so I'm sure he didn't pay me no never mind. If I see it again, I'm going to try and flag him down.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
Elegant Green Spotting
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2003, 04:03:59 PM »
Quote from: "Chas"
...It's a funny thing about Aurora and Elegant Green Passats. I believe that Tynna's VW got the whole allotment of EG Passats for all of Colorado and they sold them all to Aurora residents or something like that...

You may have something there - remember, I bought mine used and the original dealer was Vidmar in Pueblo.

(Edit) - Oooo, I have ONE POST.  IMA NEWBIE! :lol:
i]AEB Engines have better-flowing heads and a real throttle cable...[/i]

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Elegant Green Spotting
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2003, 05:52:19 PM »
Rusty's here!  Welcome to your first post.

Hey, any news on the track down there for the spring?
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
Elegant Green Spotting
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2003, 06:29:23 PM »
Yeah, I'm finally here! :D

No news on the track yet - it will probably be a month or two before I know anything.  I am not willing to take the responsibility for renting the track out myself, but there's a guy in town named Wallace Bow who holds open track days about every 2-3 months.  We can piggy-back on his track days because they are open to everyone.  This will cut the per-car cost to probably $50 for the whole day.

So I'm guessing that he'll have a track day sometime in late March or early April.  Here's my ideal agenda:

Friday afternoon/evening:  Say hello and head for the dragstrip (yeah, the dragstrip!  we'll have a blast!)
Saturday day: Track Day
Saturday night: Food/party at my place
Sunday: Mountain drive in the Jemez

Having the drive on Sunday, we could have lunch in Santa Fe and then the CO folks could head on home - save you an hour of driving.

BTW SandiaMotorsports is now an SCCA approved track.
i]AEB Engines have better-flowing heads and a real throttle cable...[/i]

Chas

• Modded
Elegant Green Spotting
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2003, 03:50:14 AM »
Hmmmmm.. That sound like fun Rusty! I would be down for a weekend of fun in the SouthWest! :)
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!