Author Topic: ticked off a fellow B5.5er today  (Read 2759 times)

shummer

• Modded
ticked off a fellow B5.5er today
« on: December 01, 2003, 06:57:03 PM »
So I'm driving back to work from lunch. I'm passing by the AMC Highlands Ranch 24 theaters (near Broadway and Plaza Dr) going southbound/westbound (depending where you're at) on Centennial Blvd. If you've ever been to this theater you know what I'm talking about - there's a walkway bridge over Centennial Blvd. and all the parking is above. There is no shoulder at all (maybe 12" at the most) so there is no stopping, parking, etc. on Centennial Blvd even though that would be the closest way to get to the theater.

I get to the corner and right under the bridge is a B5.5 4Mo sedan with its hazards on. Maybe it's broken down? Nope. The street is downhill so they would've coasted and surely would've pulled over elsewhere. So I concluded that they were lazy and parked there just to buy movie tickets. I proceeded to "buzz the tower" and as I passed they honked at me. I'm pretty sure the honk was not an acknowledgement of my sweet wintermode car.

So if you're on this board, just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and hope that you get a clue this season and park in the parking lot.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2003, 07:20:25 PM »
8O

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2003, 07:20:25 PM »

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2003, 07:27:22 PM »
It just goes to show that you may have wisdom in the selection of you car, but it does not mean you know how to drive or how to park it.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 07:36:36 PM »
Sorry for not promoting community within the B5 family. I think bad drivers are my biggest pet peeve.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2003, 08:22:46 PM »
I'm with ya brotha....that story made me smile, at least I am not the only one that thinks drivers get worse around the holidays...makes me fearful to drive this time of year.

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2003, 03:45:36 AM »
Hey, just because the jerk was driving a Pasat, doesn't make it alright to do what he did. I've seen that place and know what you're talking about. Sometimes people (even people who drive Passats) are just asses! Remember, not all B5 or B5.5 owners are enthusiasts. Most don't even really care about the car, let alone mod it in the loving fashion that we here do. I say don't worry about this dick. I'm sure it wasn't his car anyway. He had just borrowed it from a friend because his Camry was in the shop!  :lol:  :lol:  :roll:
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2003, 02:07:24 PM »
Quote from: "Chas"
I'm sure it wasn't his car anyway. He had just borrowed it from a friend because his Camry was in the shop!  :lol:  :lol:  :roll:

bwahahahahahah :lol:  8)

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2003, 05:51:21 PM »
Chas, that's funny!

Andrew, he should have the presence of mind to realize when he has been...
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2003, 07:37:14 PM »
Talk about a person in need of the healing powers of being introduced to the light that is RMCB5.   :D  Let's start the VWin chants.....AHHHH!!!

Hey by the way, I was on my way back from Ft. Collins today and saw a vision of beauty, a brand new silver Audi RS6.  Talk about doing a change up on my Santa list.

Oh and a double hey by the way.  I saw a Silver V8 Phaeton at Mountain States.  That too is one pretty car.  But I do not think all of my appendages would equal the asking price for that!
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2003, 04:46:06 PM »
yup that's really annoying.
LoDo is especially bad with it's valet drop-offs which often stalls a lane of traffic when they are busy, and SUV drivers who can't parellel park.
Drivers don't have any courtesy these days.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

spencerjw

• Stock
    • http://diesel.textamerica.com
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2003, 01:06:26 AM »
I used to live in HR and I know the type of person.  Usually a stay-at-home mom taking the kids to the baby-sitters (the thearte) for an afternoon soo she can go spend her husband's hard earned money on crap she doesn't need.  Now I live in Parker :)

Are you form the HR area?

Anyone that sees a Black 1.8T with dark tinted windows fly by them with a red "XM Radio" sticker in the rear window be sure to honk a "hello", that'll be me.
pencer
Parker - '04 Passat 1.8T
APR Chip - Alien Remote Mod - Tinted Windows

Check Out My MoBlog
My Gallery

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2003, 04:37:19 AM »
Hey Spencer, welcome to the club.  You are our first 04 member to my knowledge!

I live at Dry Creek near Holly, and my wife's parents live in the ranch, so I may be seeing you around.  Also keep an eye out for DenverPat flying by you in his silver A4 while continually testing the limits of his K04...

spencerjw

• Stock
    • http://diesel.textamerica.com
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2003, 11:30:57 AM »
Quote from: "ColoradoB5"
Hey Spencer, welcome to the club.  You are our first 04 member to my knowledge!

I live at Dry Creek near Holly, and my wife's parents live in the ranch, so I may be seeing you around.  Also keep an eye out for DenverPat flying by you in his silver A4 while continually testing the limits of his K04...

What area of HR do they live in?  My father still lives in HR around the broadway/HR Parkway area so I'm near there often.  Since my wife and I have a 2 year old (almost, next week) we're over there visiting quite a bit and my younger brother (who has an A4, which is for sale by the way) lives with him.

How/where can I get stickers for my car so that when someone sees me they know that it is me?  You all know what it looks like now and that I have a red XM sticker in the rear window, but I really want either a ClubB5 Sticker and/or a RMCB5 sticker (or 2 or 3) perferiably in red too since that goes nicely with black. :)
pencer
Parker - '04 Passat 1.8T
APR Chip - Alien Remote Mod - Tinted Windows

Check Out My MoBlog
My Gallery

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2003, 05:13:12 PM »
They live at Quebec, just south of 470.

Tell your brother he should join too!

It sounds like we may need to get another batch of stickers going.  I'll post a thread soon under the club announcements forum, so check there soon.