Author Topic: Optional GTG/Drive Idea for the 24th  (Read 1177 times)

egp

• n00balicious
Optional GTG/Drive Idea for the 24th
« on: September 08, 2006, 10:35:21 PM »
I posted this on AW also, I am looking to see if there would be any interest in GTG/Drive on this day. This would be a LOONG day that I have planned.  It would be to meet and head out about 9am from possibly the Ward Road P-n-R (I-70 and Ward Road), then take I-70 to Glenwood Springs, then Hwy 82 to Carbondale, then Co133 to Hotchkiss, then Hwy 92 To US 50 then on into Gunnison, then over Monarch Pass to Poncha Springs then 285 back to Denver.  This will be about 450 miles rnd trip, figure 10 hr +/- day.  

Routing can be modified depending on weather and reroute trip to stay on Hwy82 and go over Indy Pass and come our near Leadville then go south to 285.  The original route planned would go through part of Black Canyon of the Gunnison, as well Blue Mesa Resivoir.  Yes I do realize there is another GTG planned, I came up with this idea before realizing there was another GTG planned for the same day.  Lunch would be discretional, probably in Glenwood Springs.  If there is any interest, please email me egpowers@msn.com, I would like to get about a dozen vehicles involved, so far I have one person from AW interested.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: Optional GTG/Drive Idea for the 24th
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 02:33:34 AM »
sounds like a GREAT drive, and I am sure with the seasons getting ready to change, the views would be great.

Can't make it due to work, but have a great time.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Re: Optional GTG/Drive Idea for the 24th
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 02:33:34 AM »