Author Topic: motorcycle ride Sunday 10/1?  (Read 2426 times)

gragravar

• Supercar
motorcycle ride Sunday 10/1?
« on: September 27, 2006, 04:54:07 PM »
If you are interested in a slower ride with some Harley guys, come join us. I am getting together with some former co-workers for the ride. you all can feel free to join us if you like. (I'll be on the BMW not on a harley)

we are still working on the ride details, but I'll post them up here when they are finalized.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: motorcycle ride Sunday 10/1?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 05:05:41 PM »
I might be up for this, I just got back from the dealer....tangent time

Bought my new jacket (finally), sunglasses (cheapy but they fit under the helmet well and have 3 differnt lenses), oil, oil filter and an air filter.

The jacket I got is high vis, so the harley guys will poke fun at me. :)

Jacket (yes, the bright one!):
http://olympiamotorsports.com/ast_mens/ast_mens.htm

Sunglasses (these were actually cheaper in town!):
http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=43203

I also ordered some aux lights on eBay ($35). Hella FF50, view the link below for the install I am going to do. :)

http://smithduck3.home.comcast.net/my_kbikes/kato/k100rs_mods.htm#piaa

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 05:05:41 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 06:44:53 PM »
double damn.....

I don't own a motorcycle, and I have to work :( :(

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 07:17:45 PM »
nice choices Jay.  on the coat, did you go with the yellow or the grey?  I know a couple of folks that have a yellow like that.  with that coat and your bike, people might mistake you for a London Cop.

:wink:

I want to watch/help with the light install as I have been thinking of doing this on my bike too.  let me know when you do that.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 07:27:53 PM »
I went with the yellow! The decision was made on Monday when wile coming into work I spotted tow other riders witht he same/similar jacket and they really stuck out.

I was in my car, one was heading my way and the other was coming in the other direction and they were easy to pick up. So I only hope it's just as easy for the other drivers.

The lights will need to be done in the coming weeks. The fella that gave me the idea (that I linked to) has a writeup on another forum I need to dog up. The two big pains, making the brackets and doing the wiring.

I haven't decided what to do about a switch yet though. :)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 01:18:02 PM »
So a gal I work with is from Denmark and she commented how it looked like a cop jacket.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 12:24:16 PM »
finally have a plan for the ride:

Meet at the Starbucks at I-25 and Hwy 7 at 9:30. from there we'll cruise up 25 to Loveland, west on 34 towards estes, breaking off at devils gultch road and heading the back way into Estes. then down the peak to peak to ward, down left hand canyon to Boulder and then out HWY 25 to Docono ending with Lunch at GerryD's.  

Let me know whether you are going so I know whether to wait for you or not.

jfrahm

• Modded
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 11:55:44 AM »
Gee, Pushing those shopping carts up the Glen Haven road sounds like fun :-) sorry I can't make it.  Be sure to put them behind you for the killer steep switchbacks.  With a fast bike it's like being shot out of a circus cannon.

-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 06:50:41 PM »
well, the glen haven section was awesome, no traffic at all.  the peak to peak on the other hand, sucked! :roll:   way too many people stopping to gawk at leaves.  

oh well, any ride is a good one.  had fun today.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 10:04:18 PM »
Glad it was good, I really wish i could ahve made it. I worke up today at 8 went outside and was like "You know, if I get my ass in gear I can still meet them." Then logic sunk in and I was really tired so i stayed put.

However, I did go for a short city ride, changed my oil and took another ride afterwards.  I made a HUGE mess, it was awesome!

Oh and BMW says 4 quarts...I say their wrong, more like 3.8. I am at the max limit.

Anyway, today seemed like perfect weather, I really hope we get a few more weekends like this!

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 11:18:50 PM »
Quote from: "gietl";p="51601"
Oh and BMW says 4 quarts...I say their wrong, more like 3.8. I am at the max limit.

did you change the filter too?  I bet it holds those last .2 quarts.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 12:35:38 AM »
Yes, oil and filter