Author Topic: So.. uhh.. when do you guys want to have a gtg?  (Read 9649 times)

Black16vee

• Stock
So.. uhh.. when do you guys want to have a gtg?
« on: December 06, 2003, 11:55:15 PM »
And talk some tech stuff?
Sundays work best for me as the dealership is closed that day.
I may be able to bring a code reader with me so we can check
cars with a real VW tool. :)

Amanda.. if you read this your bushings are not covered. Sorry sweetie..  :cry:

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 01:06:51 AM »
Any skiiers or snowboarders here?

We could do a GTG on the slopes.  That would be fun and we could car talk while on the lifts.
I have a Colorado Mountain pass.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 01:06:51 AM »

pazzatCO

• Stock
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 01:40:28 AM »
I need to do my stub mount and timing belt tensioner.  I also have something up with my radio.  Sunday are fine for me, let me know where and when.

Maybe we should have the timinig belt/tentioner GTG
b>1998 Passat 1.8T Black

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 03:24:56 AM »
I can't do weekends due to work, but I am totally up for a Burger/Beer night sometime soon, during the week, Tuedsay, Wednesday and Thursday nights are ideal for me.  I'm thinkin' Hooters down on Colorado Blvd...or somewhere else in town where we can play some pool.

cheers
jon 8)

Black16vee

• Stock
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2003, 07:14:42 PM »
I mainly want it to be a tech day. Kind of a get to know you guys and help on cars if I can. Timing belt and tensioner is a bit of a process Hadar but not completely undoable.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2003, 11:42:58 AM »
I'm there, so let me know where and when. I've still got the suspension/steering noise/issue thing as well as dash rattle. :x
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 01:35:32 PM »
Brad, that sounds like a great idea.  Thanks for the nice offer.  Sundays are usually good for me.  The only thing I can think of that I might need help on is maybe my injector flow if the tool can read that and also, I have some strange noises when I make turns every once in a while.  

Since that last one happens when I am not moving too, I am thinking it may just need some power steering fluid, but if not, then I'll have to see what else may need replacing/fixing so it would be great to get your opinion on that!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 02:00:09 PM »
I always game. I've got an annoying dash rattle too that I'd like to fix.
mad wagon

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2003, 02:09:20 PM »
I am in for all the above suggestions. :D

Weekends are best for me too.  I may not have any work to do, but woul dbe happy to stop by to lend an hand and learn. :wink:
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2003, 03:01:48 PM »
Sundays after 1pm work for me. I've got two leaks going on (power steering and washer fluid).

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2003, 04:45:03 PM »
no skiiers or snowboarders here?  :?

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2003, 05:09:08 PM »
If someone might want to bring their vag com I'd be down for clearing the codes on my chipped ecu.  As well as just drink a beer and converse!

Alan I know that Randy and I snowboard.  Not sure what anyone else does on the slopes.  Do you ski, snowboard or both.  Having lived in Aspen my guess is you ski but i could be wrong.  

I'm goin to the broncos game this Sunday that is out for me.  If you do it then, have fun!
Rob

Boris

• Stock
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2003, 05:33:30 PM »
I am game for GTG or BB night. Just say when and where. Damn, I feel alive again :)
[size=28]REMEMBER!!!![/size]   Where you go, there you are
Living life of crime ain't no fun. It ought to be OUTLAWed!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2003, 05:34:27 PM »
Alan,
I know that BlackA4, Randy, Pat, and several others snowboard or ski.  They may not be checking this thread though...

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2003, 06:26:59 PM »
I prefer to ski (regular or Telemark) but if I am required to I can snowboard.
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2003, 06:59:47 PM »
I've been snowboarding for the past 8 years, there is just no motivation anymore, though. :( I didn't even buy a pass this year.
mad wagon

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2003, 01:14:14 AM »
no motivation to hit the slopes?!
once you get back to it then you're hooked.
I always bring a flask of something-something to keep me warm and get a nice little buzz going -- how does that sound?
A little smokie-smokie is also nice too.

Anyways, a garage day would be fine too.  The only mod I got going this winter are the Hella tripple tone horns which I recently got from the CB5 GB.

spencerjw

• Stock
    • http://diesel.textamerica.com
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2003, 11:43:34 AM »
I'm game.  Would love to meet everyone and get some good ideas.

Not too sure there's much my ride needs since she's got less that 800 miles on her!

But then again, I'd love to find a nice covered area (i.e. garage) to pull out my heat gun and take the damn Mountain States sticker off of her rear end.

Also, in short order I'll have a garage that we can use for future GTG's.  Moving into our new house this month (closed Dec 2nd, have the appartment till Jan 31st) and will have a good garage for things like this.  nice FLAT 45 foot driveway (fits 6 cars in it) and of course it faces south so snow is not a problem.

I'm also looking at sealing my garage floor and painting/texturing it.  If anyone has done this before some advice is always welcome.

Then I just need tog et all my tools organized since being in an appartment and the in-laws (while selling our pervious house in HR) my stuff is kinda scattered all over the place.

On a side not (as if this wasn't already one) andone know someone who's got a good size air compressor for sale?  I need to pick one up but not about to pay Home Depot $900 for one or anyone else for that matter.
pencer
Parker - '04 Passat 1.8T
APR Chip - Alien Remote Mod - Tinted Windows

Check Out My MoBlog
My Gallery

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2003, 12:39:14 PM »
You can get a nice 30+gal from Sears.  Both ColoradoB5 and I have Craftsman compressors.  Couple hundred bucks new with a few attachments.  It you're looking for the huge industrial air compressors, well then, yeah, they are going to cost ya.

Harbor Freight is another place to check out, www.harborfreight.com.  Just be wary of some of the items they have.  They are all priced well but some things are "you get what you pay for." They basically buy tools and such on discount from the manufacturer.

spencerjw

• Stock
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2003, 01:02:42 PM »
Thanks for the info.  About 3 years ago I purchased a kit for a garage floor paint job from Home Deopt.  No idea if it's good still but I'm sure I'll find out when I open it up.  It's nowhere near 30+gallens, but then again it might be something completly different than what you've seen.

What size and PSI are those compressors that you have?  I'd assume they're enough for normal tools to run off of.  I.E. Impact wrench and hammer.  How about a metal sheer?  Nail gun?  Enough to blow out your sprinkler system for winterizing?

TIA for the info.
pencer
Parker - '04 Passat 1.8T

Check Out My MoBlog
My Gallery

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2003, 01:42:26 PM »
Quote from: "spencerjw"

Not too sure there's much my ride needs since she's got less that 800 miles on her!
quote]

IMHO you are already behind the ball!! but you have the right attitude.  No, these cars are a constant work in progress and you do not want to "blow your wad" right out of the gate. :wink:

Welcome to the "cult" and look forward to meeting you soon.
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2003, 05:22:29 PM »
Hey Spencer,

Like Jay (gietl) was saying, he and I both have the craftsman compressor.  Mine is 30 gallon 130PSI max, IIRC.  I actually paind jsut shy of $400 for it and a few accoutrements.

we have a lot of skills in the club, so you really shouldn't need to take your car anywhere for mods, with the exception of a chip.

Almost all of us have suspension experience and we'll see to it that you do soon as well.

Another great resource you should check out and sign up for is www.clubb5.com, if you have not done so already.

That's where we all met, at least most of us.

Thanks on the garage offer.  We will take you up on it once you get all settled in and we've hung out a couple of times.  There's nothing like having 10-20 Passats and Audis parked out front of your house to say hey to the neighbors.

spencerjw

• Stock
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2003, 06:15:53 PM »
Quote from: "ColoradoB5"
There's nothing like having 10-20 Passats and Audis parked out front of your house to say hey to the neighbors.

Yeah, and my neighbors all have kids in their early teens and younger, construction companies and are pretty much hunters and some rednecks with money (nothing worse).

For our inspection I purpously showed up on my Hond-a CBR (avitar pic on RMCB5) with the exhaust revved just to show them who's moving in.  8)
pencer
Parker - '04 Passat 1.8T

Check Out My MoBlog
My Gallery

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2003, 06:36:58 PM »
:) That a boy

Too baf you are not moving in next to me.  I qouled use some help fighting off the rednecks in my 'hood.  Wait a minute, I am a redneck - I just drive a German car.
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Black16vee

• Stock
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2003, 02:30:50 AM »
Well for some reason I quit getting emails for when people reply to this topic. wierd.

Anyway. Since the holidays are upon us and we all have busy schedules to boot.. how does January 11th sound?

Still need a good location. My hacienda has a 1 car garage which is way too cramped at the moment. Anyone have a good garage to have this at?

VAG-Com would be stellar. Anyone on here using the Ross-Tech? I am thinking of buying it and a laptop for just such occasions. Rattles and squeeks are common on Passats when winter hits. Cold air plus heavy VW means all the bushings like to make noise. I wish this was easily remedied however with each car it is a seperate issue. Anyone with a 99 passat should look into the WL recall. Replaced aluminum tie rod ends with steel ones.

Well let me know what you guys think! :D

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2003, 01:31:16 PM »
The WL recall?....hmmm....that could be something I need, I have a 99, but I've also lowered it...does that void the recall?
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2003, 01:33:23 PM »
Well, guys, hopefully by the end of March/April, I'll be able to host a garage day at my place...yup...that's right....I'll keep you all updated. :cool:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2003, 09:10:54 PM »
Quote from: "TLJR20v"
Well, guys, hopefully by the end of March/April, I'll be able to host a garage day at my place...yup...that's right....I'll keep you all updated. :cool:

Hey JR,

Did you notice my location? Looks like I'll be able to host a garage day around the same time as you too! :-P
mad wagon

Black16vee

• Stock
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2003, 11:54:14 PM »
Quote from: "TLJR20v"
The WL recall?....hmmm....that could be something I need, I have a 99, but I've also lowered it...does that void the recall?

I will check on that for you, I don't believe it voids it though. I have the recall still printed out in my toolbox.

Black16vee

• Stock
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2003, 02:23:59 AM »
crap.. I forgot to check this..
I will tomorrow. Swear..

Any word from you people? If you dont want to gtg that is fine with me too..