Author Topic: Anyone know a good body shop?  (Read 2071 times)

Anyone know a good body shop?
« on: December 09, 2003, 03:42:31 PM »
Yesterday, on the way home a semi crunched my driver side rear quarter panel and my bumper on my Passat wagon.  I had planned on taking it to McDonald Automotive Collision center (where I bought the wagon).  Anyone have any opinions or recommendations?  Thanks in advance.

Tom

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 04:11:28 PM »
That's where I took my car to get some very minor body work done. They had to fill a hole in my rear bumper about the size of a dime after I got rear-ended. Their estimates are a little high, but very thorough. There was no problem with them working with the responsible party's adjuster (Progressive) when the estimates did not match.

I was satisfied with my experience, but at the same time I was there, there was a very dissatisfied Audi customer. Apparently, some major body work was done and some dates/deadlines were missed - not an issue with their work quality.

Restoring your car may take a little longer than mine. Not sure. The lengthiest process is just prepping and painting (waiting for it to dry, cure, etc.). I felt comfortable with them since they work on a lot of Audi/VW vehicles.

Since the responsible party paid for everything, I wanted to take my car to someone who knew Audi/VW vehicles. If you're looking for a less expensive place to pay out of your pocket, then I'm sure you could find a generic body shop to suit your needs.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 04:11:28 PM »

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 07:14:37 PM »
Check out Prestige Imports (on west Colfax, I believe), they have their own collision repair and body shop -- they work mostly on Audi, Porsche and VWs.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 04:39:51 AM »
I don't know of any good and cheap places, unfortunately, but a good place I've been to with my ol Pathfinder was Southeast Autobody, which is now at County Line and Colorado, and they do great work, but are a little pricey.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2003, 01:58:20 PM »
Thanks for all of the answers.  I'm going to go with McDonald, the other driver's insurance is paying.  Thanks again.