Author Topic: Nights out in Denver?  (Read 2740 times)

English

• Lightly Modded
Nights out in Denver?
« on: October 01, 2006, 12:47:11 AM »
So i'm going to be in Denver (Golden to be exact) Monday through Thursday, on a software course....was wondering if you guys have any ideas where i could eat /drink/hang out....i don't get out of the mountains to often so i would like to do something more than the 16th street BS.......being English i found the "little india" restaurant on 15th and will be in there at least one evening!......any input will be greatly appreciated!
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS

"It's like pie and chips.......for free"

gragravar

• Supercar
Re: Nights out in Denver?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 01:35:10 AM »
It has been so darn long since I have been out in Denver I am going to be no help.  

Marlowe's is a great place to eat/drink, but not so sure about the hang out part.

If you get out of Denver and head up to the north side of town there are some great mexican food places I can recommend.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 01:35:10 AM »

jwilker

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.johnwilker.com
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 08:46:36 PM »
illegal petes on the 16th street mall. Never been at night but even at lunch time it's pretty lively place.

Wynkoop brewery? Ony been once.

Paramount cafe was pretty good for people watching. especially if there is a show/concert.
ohn Wilker
'06 A4 Avant, 2.0T
Blog i
Blog II

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 12:52:19 AM »
The Robusto Room Wednesday night. I'll be there with my wife and usually Evil-O shows up.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 02:29:39 AM »
There's a bar/lounge at the top of the new Hyatt, across the street from the convention center.  Try to get there before sunset to enjoy spectacular views -- but be warned, the drinks and food is overpriced.

The Wynkoop is a great brewpub with great food and beers.  There's a second floor with a dozen pool tables.

There's another great Indian restauant downtown called India House, which is on Blake Street near 16th.  Nice atmosphere and awesome food.  They have a buffet lunch special if you are feeling really hungry.

Fados is a lively Irish Pub across the street from Coors Field.  Interior is something out of the Lord of the Rings. food is very good and I think on Wednesdays they have a live Irish jig band where everyone sings along.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

jfrahm

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 02:17:16 PM »
So are you going from Golden to Denver on multiple nights?  There are lots of places in Golden or Lakewood as well as at the stuff in downtown Denver.  Are you looking for happy hour, dinner, after dinner, or what?

Anyway a few suggestions:

Golden:  Table Mountain Inn.

West Denver:  LoLa.  Great food, atmo, etc.  Sabor Latino (S. American/Mexican.)  Great.

Downtown:  If youa re a beer lover, go to the Falling Rock.  Service is not great but the beer selection is, and the food is generally quite good.
Go to Mori for flights of interesting saki (never ate there but I hear the food is good.)

Near Downtown:  Parallel 17 or the Red Room for dinner and drinks.  The Thin Man is fun for a few drinks before or after.

Cherry Creek:  Bull and Bush Tavern.

SE Denver: Yanni's Greek Taverna or Bruno's Italian Bistro.

While we are at it, has anyone been to (the Peruvian place) Los Cabos II?  I walked by it on Saturday but they were closed for a wedding reception.  It's on Champa near the mall:

http://www.westword.com/search/restaurants.php?oid=57519
Too bad I could not get in.  We ended up at the Wazee Supper club for a sad, dry pizza.

-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

jwilker

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.johnwilker.com
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 03:07:05 PM »
Table mountain is good. i second that. Looks like a neat place to stay too.
ohn Wilker
'06 A4 Avant, 2.0T
Blog i
Blog II

English

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 07:57:44 PM »
Thanks for all the recomendations!..soryy no replies as i did'nt have internet acess after monday night.......
Jayryan....i was in the Robusto room last night for 8 til 1 this morning...what a neat place.....makes me wish i lived in a city again.....next time i go i'll let you know!.........where where you sitting? i was probably next to you?
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 08:08:23 PM »
I think it's a pretty great place. And FWIW, they do have wireless internet. I was pretty much hanging out with another big, bald guy (evil-O) in the cigar room at the table by the window. around 10:30 we moved and stood by the back wall at the end of the bar. :) You?
Bummer we didn't hook up! We were there from about 9-11
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

English

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 11:36:37 AM »
I was sitting on the table at the end of the long central bar, infront of the DJ / dance floor.......Yellow Polo shirt with 2 other guys from work, would have dressed up a bit more if i knew......still theres always next time!
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 11:40:05 AM »
you have to dress up to go there? :?  does not sound like my kind of place :lol:

English

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 11:50:25 AM »
well i should make myself a little clearer.......i live in a ski town.....so all the girls wear baggy pants and hoodies......all the guys hold up their baggy pants and wear hoodies...... i am not of the baggy pant generation, (thought they put the size of the pants on the label so you could buy a pair that fits?) and wear "normal clothes".....if i had known "women" where wearing these crazy items of clothing which i remember from my childhood...ie..skirts.....i would have made more of an effort.
That said, looked as though everyone was having fun no matter what they were wearing.....

wow, little early to get all excited...better have a cup of tea.....blue skies...fluffy squirells.......happy thoughts....nurse!
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 12:24:23 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo";p="51756"
you have to dress up to go there? :?  does not sound like my kind of place :lol:

Nope- it just brings in a lot of high-end clientele and they naturally they all wan to to look pretty- not that they all are, but they make an attempt :lol: - it's very much downtown in the 'burbs- nice.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

English

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 01:01:34 PM »
well said that man.
02 Allroad 2.7T
03 Land Rover Discovery
01 BMW R1150GS