Author Topic: Courage Classic July 19-21  (Read 5329 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Courage Classic July 19-21
« on: January 04, 2003, 04:55:25 AM »
Not sure

how many of you have ever heard of this benefit bicycle ride, but the Courage Classic benefits the Children's Hospital Foundation.  The foudation

provides money and services for underserved families of chronicly ill children.  This benefit ride is kinda like the MS150.  It goes for 3 days through

Summit County.  Starting and finishing in Leadville, going through Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail and over night stays in Copper Mountain Resort.  

You can either Camp or get a condo.

I will be doing this ride, and was wondering if there was any interest in getting a RMCB5 team together.  With enough people on a team, you get

team shirts made up with your team name on them...this is in place the standard t-shirt they provide to regular riders.  I think it would be great to

have us represented.  You would be required to raise money/pledges, I believe the minimum is $250 or so.

This is a great ride, I have done it twice in the past, and it was a blast each time.  I know there are some bikers here, so come on and show your

support for a wonderful institution.

Registration will start in Feb, and the ride is limited to 2000 riders.  It does fill up pretty quick, they always do.  So I wanted to get the word out so

we can get our act together and register as a team by the end of February.

Thanks
Jon

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: Courage Classic July 19-21
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2003, 04:57:48 AM »
The

courage classic is sweet, but I am a piece of shit right now and have been for a number of years, so don't count me in :(

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Re: Courage Classic July 19-21
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2003, 04:57:48 AM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2003, 04:58:46 AM »
Jay...You have 6 months to train...I

am in crap for shape, so we can all train together....you can do it.  Use it as an excuse to get your self back in great shape.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2003, 05:19:16 AM »
Jon, he physical health is within

reason, the mental health isn;t unfortunately    :?

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2003, 06:06:07 AM »
Jay....your mental health can't be

much worse than mine.  I am using it as a goal to get my life back in order...we could both recover together.  But if not, I can understand...I know

where you are coming from.

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2003, 01:40:46 PM »
Wow Jon that sounds

really...impressive!  I am not a bike rider (the last bike I bought was hmm, like in 1991 & I still don't understand all of the shifting stuff--dude

give me a Schwinn 10 speed!! ;)), or I would probably enjoy it!  I'll pledge some dough, though, of course  :)

~Wendy

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2003, 06:19:01 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, is it mountain

biking or road?
MWJD?

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2003, 07:41:31 PM »
It is all road riding, but i ride my

mountain bike with slick tires on it.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2003, 02:02:25 PM »
I may be up for this, but it will

depend on whether or not the doc can get my shoulder and knee back together...I find out in a couple of weeks...

I too need to get back into shape in a big way.   I'm going to have to ride it with slicks on my ATB too.

Hey I was also planning on doing the Fat Tire this year up in Winter Park.  It's the same deal, but on mountain trails.  Anyone interested in that?
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2003, 08:47:02 PM »
I would love to do the Fat Tire....I

used to marshall that.  My station was on Zoom and Floom.  I did that 4 years in a row when I volunteered for the BLM.  When is it this year?  I

would totally love to ride that with some people.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2003, 08:50:07 PM »
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2003, 08:55:34 PM »
That site rocks.  Thanks my friend.

I am planning on starting training this week with 3 days on the bike to get the bones moving again.  I hope to ride Tuesday, Wednesday and

Thursday, at least 15 miles each day to get started.  Looking at that site gives me something else to do with my time.  I think I will spend some of

my time working with TCS...that has always been fun and a productive way to spend a weekend...now that i will soon have some of them off.

Thanks Man...

yur momma :lol:

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2003, 11:00:09 PM »
Jon,
Count me in.  I'd totally be up for doing this with anyone who is interested.  I've been off the bike for several months to give a rest to a knee that

was hurting a bit, but I'm ready to start training now.  As soon as you have weekends off, we should have some training ride GTG's.  You should

also make sure Pat and Rob know about this thread too, they are both into biking.
Alan
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2003, 03:12:45 AM »
I would totally be into this, but I

have shit for a mountain bike (7 year old Trek 820 i.e.  no suspension) and no road bike. Aaaargh. The hobbies...
MWJD?

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2003, 02:24:39 PM »
I'll assume this is a road ride.  I'm

strictly a mtn biker.  Don't even have a road bike.  Let me know it it's not a road ride, though.  
On a similar topic, I'm always up for a trail ride.  Let me know if you'd like to go for a ride some time.  I should have my bike back in about a

month or so.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2003, 02:38:38 PM »
Pat, it is a road ride, but you can do

it on a mountain bike, that is what I do.  We will definately have to plan some trail rides as well.  that will be fun.

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2003, 03:21:59 PM »
I don't think I could do the charity

ride. But I have heard talk of some Mtb GTGs through this thread. My poor Trek 8500 hasn't seen the light of day in months and months.  :oops:  

:cry:  I used to tear up the shit out of trails and myself. Man, what kids do to an adult body is horrible. I would love to get back into doing weekly

rides. You know, the front range trails are fine with me for now. I need the time to get back up to speed.  Personally I kinda like Matthew Winters

park as a good training ride. Not too long, not too far away, easy to get to and the Dakota Hogback on the East side of the road is a total hoot. That

is, it was. Did they (JeffCo parks and rec dept.) make it a way easy nature trail? It used to be kinda nasty in spots.

Anyhow, I'd be up for a ride or two or three or more...
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!