Author Topic: You folks read your new C&D yet?  (Read 2468 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
You folks read your new C&D yet?
« on: October 09, 2006, 05:49:26 PM »
That is if you get it.

They had a blurb in there about some special edition GTI/GLI's and NB Convertible. I will be interested in seeing how all three turn out. They will only appeal to select crowd, but should be very eye catching.

Now i am working from memory here, I read hte mag last week so cut me some slack.

I believe the GTI/GLI SE is referred to as the Farenheit, the GTI will be orane with orange interior accents (like seat piping I believe) the GLI will be Yellow. Both will have sport suspension and 18" wheels.

The NB Convertible is called Triple White (iirc), White exterior (a special name I can't recall), white interior and a white top boot. I guess it is supposed to resemble the Beetle Convertible of yesteryear.

I couldn't find the details on caranddriver.com, not that I tried very hard to find it. If somone else has their handy maybe they can fill in the blanks. There were no pictures posted so I would be interested in seeing the actual colors.

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
Re: You folks read your new C&D yet?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 06:29:39 PM »
I know they are making a 30th (euro) GTI that is pretty much a mk5 version of the 25th (337) w/ pretty much an APR chip.

30th there will be our 25th, since the 25th there was our 20th.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 06:29:39 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 06:34:46 PM »
If that doesn't confuse the masses too much. ;)

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 07:10:23 PM »
I think that's the one car magazine that I don't subscribe to.

The triple white NB would look really sharp -- the chicks would definely go for that, but I can't imagine an orange GTI and yellow GLI.
The limited production Ink Blue on the 2001.5 B5.5 or the electric green on the VW IROC concept would be more appropriate color, IMO.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 07:46:35 PM »
I found this on the website Volksbloggin.com

* From the Volkswagen Press Release:

For 2007, Volkswagen will offer a lineup of special edition models with unique characteristics to create excitement in showrooms and individuality among owners. The Wolfsburg Edition Jetta, Fahrenheit GTI, Fahrenheit GLI and Triple White New Beetle convertible will build on the already great features of the standard versions of these models, with elements and design cues exclusive to these special editions.

The Wolfsburg Edition Jetta is a 2.5 L Jetta with a “Wolfsburg” badge, leveraging the brand’s German heritage. Special features include 16-inch alloy wheels, a sunroof, leatherette seats, cold weather package and monster floor mats. With manual transmission, this special edition is $19,360; automatic transmission is $20,435, representing a $2,000 value when compared to a similar equipped Jetta. The Wolfsburg Edition Jetta is available in the following color schemes: silver with anthracite trim; white with beige trim; black with beige trim; black with anthracite trim; and platinum gray with art gray trim.

The Fahrenheit GTI introduces a unique, energetic exterior color – Fahrenheit orange – to this sporty, high performance hatchback. Each of these 1,200 models will come with a Fahrenheit badge and its unique limited edition number on a three-spoke perforated leather steering wheel, adding to the car’s individuality. This special edition offers European sport tuned suspension; 18-inch “Charleston” alloy wheels; “Fahrenheit” badging; heated leather sports seats; a sunroof; orange interior trim; orange stitching on the floor mats, DSG® boot, brake handle and steering wheel; and optional Sirius Satellite Radio. This special edition model is $27,665.

Similar to the Fahrenheit GTI, Fahrenheit GLI introduces a splashy color to the GLI lineup. The GLI special edition offers the same additions to the powerful model as the Fahrenheit GTI, but with an exclusive Fahrenheit yellow exterior and yellow trim and stitching in the interior. The manual transmission model is priced at $27,880 and the automatic at $28,955. The Fahrenheit GLI will also only be available in 1,200 special edition models.

The Triple White New Beetle convertible offers a new color combination that has strong ties to the legendary original Beetle. With Campanella white exterior, white interior and a white convertible roof boot, the Triple White is available with automatic transmission for $25,990. Each of these 3,000 special editions also offers 17-inch alloy wheels, a three-spoke leather wrapped steering wheel, white leatherette seats, white leatherette center armrest, black carpeting, floor mats and door panels, and SIRIUS Satellite Radio.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 07:47:54 PM »
Thanks Dave, that was the exact item posted in C&D, I forgot about the Wolfie Jetta, probably because everyone else will as well. :)

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 12:41:27 AM »
$28,000 for a GTI?!!!  That seems a bit high to me...back to the value thread...
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 01:24:12 AM »
No kidding.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 02:23:19 AM »
If you thought that is expensive, a fully loaded GTI is almost $31,000.
For that kind of money you could get a nicely loaded A3.

I'm still curious to see pics of these special editions.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 12:18:17 PM »
I'd rather have a used R32- but that should go without saying.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 06:29:23 PM »
Thanks to StarlightB5 for linking to this site, I like these guys, they rock, in fact we just traded links. Anyway, here is their post on the new SE models with pictures.

Wolfsburg, Fahrenheit, and Triple White Part Deux: Photos!

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 12:55:37 AM »
I did not know about their site before Googln' for the link.

I like the GTI, bit I wish it was the yellow if the GLI.  I kinda looks like a pumpkin.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 08:55:51 AM »
Vortex version of the news

The orange is just in time for halloween.  I like the white bug, pretty cool IMO.
Life's too short to be taken seriously