Author Topic: Internet Explorer 7  (Read 3141 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Internet Explorer 7
« on: October 22, 2006, 06:24:33 PM »
I know it't out and I haven't upgraded yet, if anyone is using the full release (non beta) version and has any problems please post them here.

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
Re: Internet Explorer 7
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 09:49:20 PM »
I am.  It's slower.  But I like the tap's part for the pages so you do'nt have to open 20 items in the start menu bar.  Since I have installed it I have had a couple random freezes on surfing... and esp with multimedia, like videos.  

I have gotten used to the new layout and really like it... but it has a couple bugs they need to work out before I'm all gun hoe.

I've used it for about a month now.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 09:49:20 PM »

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 10:15:04 PM »
My experience with IE7 full release has been good.  On my desktop (AMD 3200+) it runs silky smooth with no issues and the laptop (Intel P4m 1.8GHz) it runs a bit slower but still runs without issue.  I really like the tabs and the extra security (phishing and such) that is included.

Proc speed aside, my laptop does not compare to the desktop by a mile.  In trying the latest release candidate of Vista, the desktop was able to use the Ultimate version as to where the laptop would not install Vista at all.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 10:18:32 PM »
Good to hear, I know tabs is the best thing about firefox and it's seperation from the windows OS. I am not of fan IE in any way shape or form, but at least MS is FINALLY playing catch up.

I assume most everything SHOULD be okay here, but if you run into any problems on this site let me know and I will look into it. I should get the upgrade int eh coming days and play around. It should really only be problematic with Javascript and CSS.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 12:27:14 AM »
So far the RMCB5 site has run without error.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 02:05:23 AM »
I get a lot of errors with Quick Time and Macromedia videos on IE7
Life's too short to be taken seriously