Author Topic: Ideas for the future?  (Read 2801 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Ideas for the future?
« on: October 22, 2006, 06:48:28 PM »
A few folks know about a plan in the works to shake up the site a little bit, nothing horribly drastic, but really it is something to kind of move us out of this funk we have been in. I think I feel partly to blame over the last few years dealing with the curveballs sometimes thrown at you in life.

I am looking for ideas on content and features you guys will find usefull. There is no plan to change the fundamentals, but to enhance. Basiclaly I have been doing test runs on converting the forum to different software, create our own custom link farm and continue with things like reviews and hopefulyl tech write ups and of course the Gallery.

Overall the change is to not only help enhance what we have to use, but to make things more accessible for all of you. Get rid of wasted overhead from the database, and the clutter presented by this software. That is why some changes occured in the last couple weeks. Try to trim down and speed things up so you guys can all get to the stuff you need faster.

So fire away, even comment of stuff you like/don't like currently. This is not an overnight plan and with my current schedule of work and school and another voluntary web project I don;t have a lot of time to dedicate in 2006, so this is more of a shooting for Jan - Feb 2007 (when it is nice and slow anyway).

I am posting a lot today because I am trying to find every reason not to write the paper I need tow rite because I don't want to write it.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: Ideas for the future?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 07:50:34 PM »
A little bump for this since it got zero response...

The time frame is bumped out a bit, I would say maybe Summer at this point as I gor sidelined by my little "illness."

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 07:50:34 PM »

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 08:03:43 PM »
The only thing that I would suggest, and I think this idea was bantied around awhile back, is an invite only section for more "private" conversations - i.e. listing of phone numbers.  Other than that, I like our little community - perhaps it's not as active as some, but it's certainly not as whiny.
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 08:12:08 PM »
You mean aside from the "Private GTG" section? That'd be cool. But we do have PMs we can use for private converstation too...I dunno. I still think adding a 4x4 thread would be cool since we all drive them. As far as the site goes...I'll have to think about it. "If could have the perfect website...." Hmmm...

We should have an IAN only channel. All Ian All the Time :lol: Okay, so I'm not helping...I just don't want to work. Work =  :P
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner