Author Topic: Towing company for coilpack failure  (Read 1580 times)

Wyaka

• Lightly Modded
Towing company for coilpack failure
« on: December 11, 2003, 10:04:49 PM »
Does anybody know of a towing company that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Walked outside today and started up the Passat and.......coil pack failure. I've been putting it off, I guess too long. Osborn is about 6.3 miles, would it kill my car to drive that far? Any help would be appreciated.
Look officer, I really do own it......

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 03:21:07 PM »
Do not tell anyone, but I drove my car 160 miles after the failure, so I think you will be OK to go 7.

Just be prepaired for no power and a really bad smell - rotten eggs.

Say hi to Brad for us...
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 03:21:07 PM »

Wyaka

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 08:22:19 PM »
That is exactly what I did, really slow and side streets all the way. I figured what the hell, can't see paying $80 for a tow 6 miles away. Got there in one piece and even caught a service tech before he left to drop it off. Good news is that they replaced the last two coilpacks and had it done before 10:00 this morning. I really hate driving my wifes car(2003 ford focus), like going from a rocket to steel roller skates...sloooowwwwww. I've brought my car to Osborn twice for problems and I've never had a problem, they were always nice and fair.

Wyaka

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 12:05:10 AM »
Picked up my car and it runs smooth, has alot more power than before the failure. Met Brad, he's a really nice guy and very helpful. I think he was kind of thrown off guard by my just showing up and asking for him and also my appearance. I'm really glad to have met at least one guy from the forum.