Author Topic: wow apr can u get it right?  (Read 1828 times)

bog4rt

• Lightly Modded
wow apr can u get it right?
« on: October 25, 2006, 06:23:36 PM »
so again with that p0422 code. anyone who knew about my posts earlyer i just found out some werid info. first off i have taken my car to reidvann my local apr dealer about 5 times now. to remove my cel for p0422. first time they cleaned all my sensors and made sure my ecu was sodered good etc. i drove it home and light came back on. 2nd time they sent my ecu off to apr for them to upload the testpipe file to eliminate the code. drove it home and it came back on. 3rd time i got waynes o2 spacer and cleared the codes. drove it home and the cel came back on. they are now saying p0422 is gone however there is fuel trim code showing now. so he says with my turbo stage 3 kit, my engine has the larger fuel injectors and its not producing enough boost to burn all the gas so my car is running rich. so now this is the 4th time there and they installed a air flow meter to hopefully take care of the problem 350$ installed. drove it home CEL BACK ON! took it back and he tested compression, all kinds of shit he said there are no leaks and no boost leaks but my turbo is not produing enought psi to burn all the gas. thank god they took the air flow meter off and did not charge me since it did not work. 5th time its there right now! he just discovered i have a screwy ecu of some sort. he found out the ecu on my car has the 4 slots with all the octane valet and stock programs. but its a stage 1 turbo ecu for an a3 i ahve a 2000 a4 stage 3 kit. apr says the ecu i have was never purchased and thats its bootleg or stolen. reidvann where my car is tried to download stage 3 software but only stage 1 and 2 are available on the internet. apr has not decided weither they are going to charge me for the stage 3 software yet or not and reidvann has not called me back yet..... long story sorry but this is just nuts.... all i want is my cel off and to get this car passes emissions.

jfrahm

• Modded
Re: wow apr can u get it right?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 06:25:48 PM »
d00d.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 06:25:48 PM »

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 06:27:26 PM »
Shist, I am sorry to hear about your issues.  I do hope everything gets resolved soon.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 06:32:13 PM »
Whoa whoa whoa...The A3 hasn't been available in the US until 2006 MY and it is a 2.0T, I can;t imagine that the ECU would even remotely work. I guess if htey bought he ECU on ebay or something like that. Again, I would understand there being problems as it would be setup for different grades of fuel (europe) and so forth. Unless I misunderstood, maybe you were saying that it was the A3 prog installed on the A4 ECU? That would be nasty.

This is totally crazy , I am real sorry to hear about all these problems, at least you are getting down to the root of the problem. The PO (previous owner) is a LIAR!

Anyway, you are doing the right thing, forge ahead and deal with it one step at a time. I would guess APR will probably come to some comprimise with you. I mean if everyhing but the software is Stage 3, then maybe they will cut you a good deal on the Stage 3 software and life will be good.

It always sucks to buy something only to have it turn out to be a bunch of problems. Hopefully this is the end of them.

In the interim, you might want to contact the PO, I would raise a little hell as the car was misrepresented and has cost you quite a but of time and money to find out the problems they created. Of course they will probably just tell you to f off, but you never know.

In Colorado, unless you disclose it, as I understand it is illegal to sell a car that wont pass emissions. Not sure about your state. Might be worth looking into in case you need some recourse.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 07:55:17 PM »
makes sense why the previous owner sold the car, they did work without paying the money to install stuff properly, and could not fix the problems.  So they sold it to get out while the getting was good.

I am sure you will have to pay to get the results you are looking for, not the dealer's or APR's fault in this situation.  If you do pay, you can look into going back to the previous owner for payment, or legal action.

But then again, you have to expect some of these issues when running a Stage 3 from a used car where all the performance upgrades were installed by someone else.

There is a member here that bought a Stage 3, not sure what program, but he needed a new turbo, clutch, pads, rotors and a TON of other goodies to make his car run right and pass emmisions here in Colorado, but that was the cost of getting his car and what he wanted.

You might want to look into legal representation regarding your situation, that is if the owner truly sold you a car not able to pass emmisions and you were told otherwise.

Sorry for your trouble, but looks like your project will require more funds to get where you need to be.

bog4rt

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 12:14:27 AM »
i would say i was misrepresented to a certain point however i did buy a used car and thats nobodys fault but my own i accept that. however i bought this car after looking into the p0422 code that i was aware of. however i was under the impression that it would pass in my state.  turns out it would have passed up until the end of 2005 when a new law was passed here.  even then i figured it was a minor upgraded ecu with a testpipe file. the previous owner told me about this problem and talked to my local apr dealship. it came down to some back and fourth driving, droping off the car at this shop, and i happed to live pretty close and he was very far. it made since for me to get it with that minor problem and do theback and fourth driving.  all these problems surfacing as a result of that original code is just beyond my comphrehension. i will probley hear back from them tomorrow and i will let you know.

ALSO APR i give my upmost gratitude. when i was talking to them all day, they were very nice and willing to eleborate in a way i could understand concerning this problem. they also were not ready to say i would have to purchase this stage 3 software. when i asked him a worse case scenerio. all and all this problem does suck but as of know i have a bill for 1 hour of labor at 90 dollars. basically for all there testing and time for finding information out. pretty fair if you ask me...

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 01:02:02 AM »
Very fair, I know you not only want it to pass emissions, but get it running right so you can really enjoy it. We are all pulling for ya and look forward to hearing about the outcome.

dubitup

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 12:14:59 PM »
bog4rt,

How's the MAF?
what boost pressure are you seeing?
Fuel filter changed?
How are the injectors..leaky seals?
How did you determine that the ECU was for an A3?

Quote from: "03Indigo";p="52466"
There is a member here that bought a Stage 3, not sure what program, but he needed a new turbo, clutch, pads, rotors and a TON of other goodies to make his car run right and pass emmisions here in Colorado, but that was the cost of getting his car and what he wanted.

I know that guy :lol:

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 12:22:51 PM »
Quote from: "dubitup";p="52482"
I know that guy :lol:

you read my mind :lol:

bog4rt

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 03:55:08 PM »
dubitup.

i was not the person who performed these tests. i have my car at my local apr dealership, they are handling this issue for me.  i do however know that the MAF was replaced less thatn 5000 miles ago and its working properly still. i also know both o2 sensors are working properly. as far as the fuel filter goes i am not sure. the car only has 42000 miles on so i am not sure if it has been replaced or not. i assume the injectors are in good shape, as it was explained to me by apr, the stage 3 kit comes with larger injectors and my engine has them installed. the turbo system is not producing enough boost to use all of the gas this injectors are providing, hence i have a fuel trim code and an engine that runs rich.  and as for the ECU. my apr shop near my house has done some indepth searching throught that ecu and have found out that is a ecu for an a3 with a stage 1 turbo kit and the chip is 4 slotted will 4 programs for a a4.  they have figured this out and i am not sure how.  and no i still have not heard back from them yet today but i think i will give them a ring a half our before they close today if i dont hear back from them.( just to see if that have found any new info, since they seem to figure out something new everday with this car, lol :(  )