Author Topic: Mountain States VW is no more....  (Read 2344 times)

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Mountain States VW is no more....
« on: October 31, 2006, 08:39:14 PM »
As of about a week ago they changed to Emich VW.  I am not shure why, but I have to stop by on Friday for some work and I will have to see what happened.  Hopefully they have kept their service staff.  I have never had a issue with them.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Re: Mountain States VW is no more....
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 08:44:58 PM »
New ownership no doubt. Some guy named Emich.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 08:44:58 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 08:54:11 PM »
The Emich family is old school to the Colorado car dealer scene. Mostly American cars and of course japanese. Hell my old 85 Oldsmobile was from Emich.

Mt States was down the road of suckiness anyway. Their sales people became very pushy and made the whole buying experience miserable. Plus, Mt States wasn't really mountain states anymore anyway from what i read on the 'tex. I guess they sold out a few years ago to another large dealership network who has retained the Mt States name since they own the Toyota dealership as well.

I would expect changes for the better there, a rebuilding of the store and hopefully a purging and rebuilding of staff.

All my info on this I got from the RM forum on the 'tex, I had no real knowledge of the whole situation other than that.

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 09:31:07 PM »
Quote from: "gietl";p="52682"
Their sales people became very pushy and made the whole buying experience miserable.

I would like to kick their finance team in the nuts.
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 09:35:15 PM »
I bought all 4 of my VW's there through the years, but have not had any experience with them since 2002 when I bought my last Passat.  I liked the internet manager there, he was who I dealt with, but he left shortly after I bought my last VW.  I have not been back since then.

Hopefully they will improve their sales dept....even then, some of the guys were pushy.

jamathe

• Stock
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 09:52:43 PM »
my brother will be extremely happy about this!  He had awful episodes with their service desk.  Hopefully they improve.
im
2004 Jetta GLI

Lila

• Lightly Modded
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 09:53:27 PM »
Public records indicate that on July 3, 2006, Fred Emich III created a new entity named Fred Emich Company, Inc.  On August 10, 2006, the company registered a trade name of Emich Volkswagen.  

Mr. Emich III and Thomas Emich and Ellyn Baumann formed (or bought) an Oldsmobile dealership in 1975.  Over the years it looks like the Emich empire has gotten involved in lots of makes of cars including Subura, Chrysler, Plymouth, Jeep, Lamborghini, GMC, Winnebago and others.  They have partnered with John Elway and others, formed leasing entities, and a few other things.  Apparentally they know the car business.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 01:46:35 PM »
The finance manager who I worked with when I bought my Passat on Feb of '03 was fantastic. He left a while ago and I have no idea where he is now. Great guy though. My experience was good. A VW Enthusiast was my sales guy.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 03:10:56 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan";p="52696"
The finance manager who I worked with when I bought my Passat on Feb of '03 was fantastic. He left a while ago and I have no idea where he is now. Great guy though. My experience was good. A VW Enthusiast was my sales guy.

Are you speaking of Race?  I dont think that was how he spelled his name, but that is how it sounded.  He was a pretty great guy.  His life threw up.  That about covers that.
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 03:22:46 PM »
Quote from: "coveredbytheblood";p="52698"
Quote from: "jayryan";p="52696"

Are you speaking of Race?  I dont think that was how he spelled his name, but that is how it sounded.  He was a pretty great guy.  His life threw up.  That about covers that.

Yup. I haven't talked to him in a while- at since just after he went to work for an american car dealership.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner