Author Topic: GET WELL JAY!!!  (Read 6017 times)

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
GET WELL JAY!!!
« on: December 07, 2006, 09:40:32 PM »
I just spoke to Jay and Renee, and unfortunatly he is in the Hospital with an infection.

I would like to send my very best to Jay and look forward to him being healthy again soon.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Re: GET WELL JAY!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 09:47:50 PM »
Werd! Tish and I have been sick with infections for the last two weeks!!

GET WELL JAY
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 09:47:50 PM »

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 12:10:30 AM »
Holy Crap... hope he is okay.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 12:41:27 AM »
Jay, if there is anything you need, let me know....i'll be thinking of you and hope you get out of the hospital soon!!!

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 02:28:34 AM »
Jay, take it easy and get better soon!  If there is anything we can do, just let us know.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 03:23:59 AM »
Thank you so much everyone, bear with me as I am pretty drugged up. I have been battling pneumonia for about 3 weeks now and have been in unbearable pain. I went to thte doc and they found some very badly infected fluid surrounding my lungs. We have drained about 3 liters of very nasty stuff and I have  tube in my back.  It is very difficult and we are getting throgh it.

Again, thanks for your wishes and offers, most of all thank you Randy for tking care of Renee today with her car.

They have wireless here, if anyone needs to reaxh me I am at rose rm524

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 10:22:48 AM »
hope ya feel better soon Jay.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 11:25:37 AM »
Jay, I am headed back and forth to work this weekend and will be running by Rose each way....let me know if you need something dropped off, etc.

Chest tubes are seriously nasty, hope the fluid accumulation slows soon and you can get that out of your back.

I will keep my eyes on this and if you are still in at the beginning of the week, I will stop by and check up on you. :)  Make sure they are taking good care of you and all that, hehe.

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 11:57:10 AM »
Jay - Rose is down the street from me so let me know if I can do anything for you.  I will keep you in my prayers and wish you a speedy recovery.

take care
Rob

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 12:11:43 PM »
Both Carla and I have you in our prayers.  We both wish for a speedy recovery for you and if either you or Renee need anything let us know.

If you are up to it and are able to, could we stop by and visit?  I do not want to make you fell uncomfortable but friends can help in recovering.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Denvernoob

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 01:03:49 PM »
likewise regarding the above remarks....first, get better.  if there is any way i can help, please dont hesitate to ask.
004.5 QMT6 Ultrasport Loaded
GIAC FX K04 w/ Injectors, K04-15
and about a million other big and little mods!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 03:00:28 PM »
Man Jay- that really sucks. Let us know if you need anything. Tube in your back?! Wow. That's horrible, although it does bring up Matrix images.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

jfrahm

• Modded
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 03:10:21 PM »
Wow that sucks!  I had it as a kid, all I remember is freezing in this oxygen tent for days.  No tubes though.  That does not sound like fun.

Get well soon!  Let us know if we can do anything.
-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 11:14:17 PM »
Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I had another procedure today to move this chest tube in my back. Once again I am pretty drugged up. I should be here until at least Sunday. If you do want to stop by you are more than welcome, but I will warn you, it is very boring.

I am in room 524 at rose hospital, the number here is 303-320-2524.

Everyone have a nice weekend.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 07:19:31 AM »
I will see how work goes, if I can get out on time, I will either stop by in the morning, or try to stop by Saturday night on my way to work.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 02:35:18 AM »
All -

Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. Tomorrow will be the big day where I find out what the bug is so they can go after it properly. It is slow moving so it has taken a long time to grow and pinpoint. My CT scan showed some improvement, about a 25% reduction in the mass behind my lower right lung.  While it is good news it is not great news.

I do feel better now than I did 4 days ago, that's for sure. I am also on morphine at the moment so that helps.

Thanks Dave for your visit las night, it really meant a lot. Renee and I are pretty much secluded here so it's nice to have a friendly face come by.

At this point I don't imagine getting out tomorrow unless some serious drainage occurs.  The docs will basically make a call to either put in a bigger tube or go into surgery.  I believe they are trying to avoid the surgery option as much as possible.

I am totally beat down and feel very small. I am a bit depressed and really want out of here. When I do leave I get to look forward to have a pick up put in my arm (extra long IV thing) and two weeks of IV antibiotics at home. My December and Christmas are basically shot.

Please take good care of yourselves and your families. This can happen to anyone, not just someone with a weak immune system.

Thanks again.

Jay

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 03:17:39 AM »
Jay, you are certainly in our thoughts.  It was almost 2 years ago now when our oldest daughter was hospitalized with a nasty infection that found its way into the SI joint in her back.  it never did get big enough to do surgery or to drain it, but it also didn't have the circulation to really let the anti-biotics work well.  therefore she spent 10 days in the hospital before they let us bring her home, then another 6 weeks walking around with a central line and IV anti-biotics.   :cry:   That sucked.

From that experience, I understand what you are going through.  I do hope things improve for you soon.

Keep us posted on your progress!
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 03:24:05 AM »
Any time Jay.  :) I too really enjoyed seeing you and Renee.

Please keep us up to date on how things are going.  I would be more than happy to stop by with anything you need.  Take care bud and I will talk to you later.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 12:53:32 PM »
Hey Jay, that is good news. I just hope there's no surgery involved. I'd really like to come by at some point...not sure when though. Take it easy and let me know if there's anythign interesting going in Days of our Lives. :wink:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 09:57:16 PM »
i will be having surgery tomorrow, please say a prayer if you can

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 10:16:16 PM »
best of luck tomorrow Jay.  we'll be thinking about you.

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2006, 12:02:08 AM »
yeah, best of luck to you.  I can't believe you have to have surgery.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2006, 01:04:53 AM »
Jay, I am going to try to stop by early in the morning....between 8-9am.  If you know you are having surgery early, drop me a line and I will come by later in the afternoon.  If I get there and you are gone, I will leave a note for you and some stuff for you to pass the time of day :)

best of luck tomorrow, and if there is anything you need or you just want to chat about stuff, give me a call.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2006, 01:37:22 AM »
Jay!  I just saw this.  I didn't know you were sick.  Did the doctors find out anything more about what you have?

Best of luck in the surgery.  Jen and I will be saying our prayers for you too.  Jen especially knows what you are going through.  She was in Denver General when she was 22 for a spontaneous pneumothorax.  19 day, without morphine.  Ouch!

I hope you have a speedy recovery.  If I were in town I would come wish you luck and give you my good luck surgery watch.  They make me take it off, but the thought is there.  I have had a few myself.  Think STRONG thoughts and battle back buddy!

Winston
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2006, 02:37:44 AM »
hey Jay,
haven't been here for a while, this news came as a late surprise.  I hope everything goes well and nothing serious.

Enjoy the drugs, rest up well, hope you're back to 100% very soon!
Wishing you and Renee the best.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2006, 04:21:03 AM »
Hey Jay,

I haven't been around much either. Just saw this and wanted to wish you well. Surgery is never fun. Hope all goes smooth and you have a speedy recovery. Thoughts to you and Renee.

Get well, get well soon, we hope you do get well!

Mark
mad wagon

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2006, 02:03:11 PM »
Megan and I are wishing you all our best.  Hope everything goes well today.  If you need anything at all, let us know (along with everyone else ;) )

GET BETTER JAY :cry:
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2006, 04:16:36 PM »
Just got back from visiting Jay...he looks good, but definitely tired and in some serious discomfort.  Sounds like surgery is going to be this evening, some time after 5pm.

I do know one thing he needs.....he needs his new S washed up.  Sounds like it is full of bugs and sand from his trip to NM.  I say we try to pull together a detail day on his behalf and get that S looking like NEW!!!!!

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2006, 04:28:50 PM »
I bring the Porter and a pair of hands!  Actually I believe he has the polish and wax already.  This should be fun!  :D

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2006, 04:31:06 PM »
I'm in.
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com