Author Topic: Travel Agency?  (Read 1612 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Travel Agency?
« on: December 10, 2006, 09:57:07 AM »
Does anyone have knowledge of or have fiends that have used a travel agency for vacation information?

Betsy and I are looking for vacation sites for next year, all inclusive resorts in either the Cayman Islands or on Antigua...something like that.

We can book our own flights, but I am looking for some information on other all inclusive resorts....like the Sandals resorts.  www.sandals.com

Just wondering what you all out there might know or have leads on.  I have never used a travel agent...as I am not a fan of their rates, etc....but want to make sure we end up in a nice resort that is comfortable and that spoils us :)

gragravar

• Supercar
Re: Travel Agency?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 03:12:54 AM »
I have almost always been lucky enough to work at places that allowed us to use the corporate travel office to book personal trips too.  On the few times I have not either used the corporate office, or have not booked things myself, I have had good luck with the agents at American Express.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 03:12:54 AM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 03:39:48 AM »
I assume you have to be an AmEx member to use them?  I don't have AmEx...just debit cards.  I wonder if USAA has a travel agency, they have credit card stuff and that is who I use for insurance, etc.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 03:42:19 PM »
don't know if you need to be an amex member, i have been for quite a while now (working my way to one of their black centurian cards - yeah, I wish).  I would bet USAA does have one, if not AAA might also be a good choice.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

jwilker

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.johnwilker.com
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 11:36:47 PM »
I highly recommend

R & R Travel, LLC
782 English Sparrow Trail
Highlands Ranch, CO   80129
www.R-and-RTravel.com
Phone: 303-683-1762
Jodi Ladwig
jodiRandRtravel@comcast.net
Phone: 303-683-1762

She's in the HR Chamber of commerce with Nicole and I. We've used her for a few of our trips now, always done a great job, really nice lady too.
ohn Wilker
'06 A4 Avant, 2.0T
Blog i
Blog II

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 01:03:04 AM »
thanks John.  Great info.  I  have her on the top of my list to start contacting in February to plan our next venture out of the country.

I think we have settled on Antigua, but might look into the Cook Islands as I have recently heard great things about them.

jwilker

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.johnwilker.com
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 02:41:30 AM »
No problem, we love her, hasn't done wrong by us yet.

We stayed at a Sandals for our honeymoon, Ocho Rios. very nice. Not booked through Jodi, didn't know her then.
ohn Wilker
'06 A4 Avant, 2.0T
Blog i
Blog II