Author Topic: quick question  (Read 855 times)

bog4rt

• Lightly Modded
quick question
« on: December 12, 2006, 04:45:41 PM »
so i have the apr stage 3 turbo. however i was looking at the website and the kit said nothing about valves.  did this kit come with new valves.  because correct me if i am wrong, but with all the power could i fuck up my valves flooring this car. possible floating valve eventually or something maybe?

at least this was a concern about turboing my 4th gen honda prelude so i never did it.

someone give me some insight plz

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: quick question
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 04:50:05 PM »
when you turbo a NA (prelude) car, that is totally different than upping the stage of a forced induction vehicle.  Compressions are different to handle the forced induction and the increases in PSI.  I am not totally sure, but I do believe you will be fine with your stock valves.  I don't believe stage 3 comes with different valves.

Normally aspirated cars already have way high compression ratios to help boost power that way....like my MINI Cooper that is not super charged...it is over 11:1....and if you added a turbo to that, you would only be able to run about 5-6psi before damage would occur.....which was probably the concern you had with your prelude.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Re: quick question
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 04:50:05 PM »