Author Topic: NWS...Blizzard warning in effect until noon Thurs.  (Read 5152 times)

scottvw

• Lightly Modded
Re: NWS...Blizzard warning in effect until noon Thurs.
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2006, 10:56:14 PM »
Thank goodness I cancelled my trip to SLC today.  

I did however get covered by a plow on I25 at Arapahoe. I saw him coming and as he passed me I got a little loose (NASCAR talk).  The next thing I know, I am stopped and stuck on I25.  I threw on the flashers and got out after about 5 minutes.  I had traffic passing me on my right and left.  

What a trip for a Florida boy.  I sat in my home office window and watched my neighbors trying to get in their garages.  Very funny.

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2006, 11:20:25 PM »
My family is now scheduled to arrive Saturday evening. Andrew - let's not worry about the car seat until Friday at the earliest.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2006, 11:20:25 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2006, 11:30:41 PM »
I hope they are warm and safe....

Betsy is stuck at the shop tonight, made it home by WALKING....but then headed back out with snow shoes so she can be there all night while they try to re-group and get the stuck plows moving.  I saw her for 10 minutes and she was beat.

She seriously doubts they will get the roads cleared by tomorrow night, the big dumper plows keep getting stuck.  The big plow tried to give her an assist home to get supplies, but they only got half way....so her and a co-worker did it old school style...up hill, in the snow, in the dark.

This is gonna be an ugly storm for the plow crews....

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2006, 12:00:18 AM »
I had to instruct Renee on how to use the snow blower and she did a great job. Of course my car is covered in snow on the drive. She did it just in time too, the auger is 18" and in some spots it was deeper than that. She also did our neighbors drive as he has some bad knee problems and there is no way he or his wife could have shoveled this.

Of course once it stops Renee will have to go back out and do it again, but it should be easier.

Kona isn't a fan, there are a few drifts that are so deep as he sprung through the yard he completely dissappeared in the drift and then flew out looking like "what just happened?"

I also knoe he needs to #2 but the snow is so deep he is holding it in. What a sissy. The wind chill is bugging him too, I think he'll like it more in the coming days as we warm up.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2006, 12:15:06 AM »
Quote from: "shummer";p="53869"
My family is now scheduled to arrive Saturday evening. Andrew - let's not worry about the car seat until Friday at the earliest.

fine by me.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2006, 01:08:41 AM »
I just took a look, and a pic.  I think I am going to have some MASSIVE shoveling to do in the morning.  this is the drift in front of our garage:

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2006, 01:34:09 AM »
that is frickin crazy.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2006, 06:39:33 PM »
I just did a bunch of shoveling and snow bashing in the truck- now I'm bored :?
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

jfrahm

• Modded
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2006, 07:52:43 PM »
Snow tires are awesome.  Drove right though the drift behind the car and drove around my neighborhood (once I cleared the snow off the car and dug to the door.)  People with off-road tires on SUVs were getting stuck.

Michelin X-ice plus AWD plus ESP and whatever else Audi put in there = muahahahaha!  Too bad there is no Pho shop I know of operating nearby, but tomorrow is another day.

-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

jwilker

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.johnwilker.com
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2006, 02:58:28 PM »
We're (hopefully) flying out of DIA tomorrow to spend festivus with my folks....

Still no plows in the 'hood. Crazy. Read on CNN that this is the worst since March '03
ohn Wilker
'06 A4 Avant, 2.0T
Blog i
Blog II