Author Topic: Greetings and Salutations  (Read 5120 times)

mike618

• Stock
Greetings and Salutations
« on: December 30, 2003, 02:33:34 AM »
Hello all.  I am a new member and I hail from Colorado Springs.
I drive a 98 b5 1.8 t...complete with thule rack for bikes and snowboards..
I have owned the car for all of it's 90,000 mile life.
The timing belt blew and vw fixed all of this for free, now my bone stocker is going to be modified.
I just purchased an Eibach pro kit and a set of koni yellow shocks..
I need to find a good garage in the springs that will install, set them up and do an alignment for me... any reccommendations?
Next I am planning an apr chip, gauge pod, and some 17 inch rims with nice tires...then brakes etc...exhaust to reduce the back pressure on the turbo...no not a loud can...when does the madness end?  A little about myself, I teach english lit and film courses, I am 26, I love cars specifically german cars and 50's chevys, and I believe in performance over asthetics when it comes to cars..
mike[/code]
998 1.8t b5
1989 cabrio...going to be a turbo sleeper
2002 cobalt blue azonic evolution (mtn cross bike)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 03:51:34 AM »
Mike -

Welcome to the club! Glad to see VW took are of you on the "100K" timing belt.  That is very rare.

We get together often for garage days, I'm sure we could all get together and do the spring and shock install.  As for alignment joints in the Springs I do not know of any.

Let us know if you want to have a garage day and we can probably arrange something.  We also understand if you prefer to pay a shop to do the install.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 03:51:34 AM »

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 04:45:59 AM »
hey, my name is also Mike,   i live south of the springs in fountain, and i could help you out on that install... done my audis like 4 times, and am currently tearing my car apart to do the timing belt this week...

ill ask the 719 guys, but i belive the best place for alignments is Jack alignments or sumptin like that....

lmk.
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

mike618

• Stock
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 12:20:47 PM »
If you guys can help with the shocks and setting them up, that would be great.  (mike) If you need help with the timing belt let me know...I do not know a lot, but I am great for helping out.  I have replaced engines on my old 71 bug and I helped build a straight 6 for a 65' stang.  I am on vacation this week.  My weekends are free usually.  Just let me know where, when, and what kind of beer to bring when we do the install.(currently I live in an apartment, but I am trying to buy a house I found witha 4 car garage.)
m
998 1.8t b5

mike618

• Stock
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 04:19:47 PM »
well my b5 is in the garage til friday.  Those that have been following my electrical woes post on the national b5 list know what has been going on.
In short (no pun intended) my ignition switch half melted and caused most of my car's electrical functions to stop working.   The good people at Heuberger are taking care of it and it will be fixed by Friday.
998 1.8t b5

kt037

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2003, 03:49:46 AM »
well my timing belt is a slow process, i have a really bad work schedule so i am olny getting 30 min to an hour every other day in on it....so far it does not seam to be a hard job, but i dont really have the time to accomplish it.... i will know tomorow what my schedule will be like for the next 2 wks, so ill let you know.

if you wanna stop buy and help out, we can do your suspention at the same time. i have a 2 car garage and all the tools you will need.
 ill let u know 2morrow...
OT DISH?-----> nope!

mike618

• Stock
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2003, 04:41:19 AM »
Well that sounds great, my b5 is tied up at heuberger due to a bad ignition...I will get it back on friday...
keep me posted.
m
998 1.8t b5

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2003, 07:09:49 PM »
Glad to have you aboard Mike!

Mike (kt037) is a good guy and should be able to help you out...

good luck with the ignition issues.  Hopefull those will be totally gone once you get it back.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

mike618

• Stock
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2004, 04:14:11 PM »
Thanks,
I am hoping that the hard start I expeerienced the other day is part if the melted switch...The car started like the battery was almost dead.  ie. it turned over really slow for a long time...I opened the hood and it finally started.
I just replaced the battery about 2 weeks ago.  WE'll see..
m
998 1.8t b5

mike618

• Stock
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2004, 03:01:32 AM »
Well my car is still at vw.... They could not get the parts in on time.  Looks like it will be done on monday.
m
998 1.8t b5

kt037

• Modded
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2004, 03:43:06 AM »
well i am not going to be doing my timing belt, i cut my palm at the base of the thumb clear to the bone on a broken beer bottle in the trash on new years.... went to emergancy room 15 stitches 3 x-rays, and complete loss of all feeling in thumb (severed nerves) later i can not do a damn thing......

looks like i will be paying for this.
but i will lend 1 hand and a garage to do your suspention, whenever your ready....
OT DISH?-----> nope!

mike618

• Stock
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2004, 04:00:51 PM »
Damn, sorry to hear you cut up your hand.  I hope it does not effect your driving too much.  Maybe we should shoot for middle of the month to do the suspension, that will give me time to get my classes going again and will give you some time to heal.
take care,
m
998 1.8t b5

kt037

• Modded
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2004, 09:25:37 PM »
ok thats fine, my classes start on the 20th 18cr hours and 40 work hours per week so i am a busy guy, but i am sure i could work it into my schedule....

LMK when you are available...
OT DISH?-----> nope!

mike618

• Stock
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2004, 01:54:40 AM »
Hell I know I can work it in before then... maybe the weekend of the 17th or something like that...I understand the work and class load thing, I just finished my masters degree in December.
m
998 1.8t b5

kt037

• Modded
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2004, 02:23:58 AM »
ill should have my MBA by Jan 2005 if i keep up this pace....shoot me an email with your # and we can work this shizzle out...

gtschnecke@yahoo.com

i see the beginnings of the RMCB5 Colorado Springs chapter! LOL  :onfire:  8)
OT DISH?-----> nope!

mike618

• Stock
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2004, 03:37:36 PM »
I fired off an email.
m
998 1.8t b5

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2004, 12:51:35 PM »
Hey Mike, sorry to hear about your thumb.  I hope you get the feeling back!  Use lots of vitamin E lotion on the wound to help heal the scar.  I know all about stitches.  Had hundreds of em.

Did you call me yesterday?  I missed a call from 719 area code and there was no message.

You guys let me know if you want some help.  I may be able to swing down on a Saturday to lend a hand if I am in town.  I have a budy coming into town on the weekend of the 17th and we're heading to the mountains.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

mike618

• Stock
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2004, 09:49:31 PM »
Sweet...
I just talked to vw my part I need to fix the ignition is on back order, they located one in cali though, it gets shipped out today...
I miss my car.
m
998 1.8t b5