Author Topic: Tiptronic knobs...  (Read 1709 times)

methodicalmayhem

• Lightly Modded
Tiptronic knobs...
« on: January 09, 2007, 01:49:12 AM »
Do any of you Audi guys drive a tip? If you do, could you please post pics of the shift knob (from all angles) from an A4 or S4 (preferably 2003MY). Having a hard time finding any decent pics online that show more than just an angle from the right rear of the knob. Or better yet I would be willing to meet up with you so I can get an in person view of the knob. TIA.
Studded - Vol. 1 - Our first full length DVD: Now Available!

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Re: Tiptronic knobs...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 11:11:37 AM »
tiptronic.. whats that.. :P

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 11:11:37 AM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 11:47:54 AM »
well, that is the same as the VW tip knobs.  Aowhaus has a nifty one on his V6 Tip...I will see if I can find it and grab the pic for you.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 11:51:52 AM »
Here is Aowhaus's knob, the only pic I could find, not all the angles you wanted, but it is a start, and local.  Contact him for more pics or to see it he can meet up with you so you can check it out.

Cole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://rockcrawler.com
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 09:22:24 PM »
um...You just want pictures of a stock S4 knob?

I'm in Aurora too so if you want to come look at stock knobs. I have a stock A6 and S4 both TIPS.

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

methodicalmayhem

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 11:24:46 PM »
Would definitely love to stop by and take a look at the knobs, would do me worlds better than pics. I am free every day after 3pm, just let me know when would be best for you.

Only asking because I'm looking at switching up from the knob I've got and the Audi knobs have a different look (at least to me for the time being) that appears to be form fitting to the hand than the VW T-handle. A couple on here already know what I'm up to but for the rest I will post pics after I finish this little mod.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 03:48:48 AM »
I still have the OEM Passat GLX wood tip shifter, which I'm selling.
It has two cracks in the lacquer finish across the top, but it could be refinished or even painted.  They retail for $330 at the stealership, but I'm willing to part for $40.

I also purchased a Phaeton/Touareg leather wood shifter and replaced the strip of wood with a strip of brushed aluminum, but I didn't have the patience of modifying the base of the shaft to fit in my car (it has a square shaped shaft while mine is slightly oval).

The shifter knob you see above I got from Russ at www.dubstop.com from a group buy on the Passat World forums.  I have bought quite a few times from him, he's a great guy and fellow VW nut. :thumbup:
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

Cole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://rockcrawler.com
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 10:49:52 PM »
I should be home most evenings if you want to come check them out.

Just give me a call.

Cole

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

methodicalmayhem

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 09:30:37 PM »
Cole - will do
Alan -  thanks but not interested in a VW knob. Seen a few Audi ones and they look like the direction I want to go in, just want to get an up close and personal view of them before I decide though.