Author Topic: Timing belt GTG  (Read 44030 times)

spencerjw

• Stock
    • http://diesel.textamerica.com
Timing belt GTG
« Reply #210 on: February 20, 2004, 07:51:09 PM »
I know an address was posted somewhere earlier, but with 7 pages of posts a STICKY with a MapQuest overview would be nice or just give us the address.  How about editing the first post of this thread and put it in there?  As well as times to be there?
pencer
Parker - '04 Passat 1.8T
APR Chip - Alien Remote Mod - Tinted Windows

Check Out My MoBlog
My Gallery

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Timing belt GTG
« Reply #211 on: February 20, 2004, 08:07:57 PM »
The address is on Page 5.

As for cameras, there are detailed pictures and Winston has printend out multiple copies of the documention with pictures for the TB folks to use.  I too plan on bringing my digital camera to tak emore pictures as needed and to take pictures of the days happenings.

We chose the webcam path because W doesn't have firewire ports for my DV and I'm not bringing my PC over.  Not to mention the webcams are cheap and if something were to happen there'd be no hurt feelings.  Along with that the quality is too good form a DV and there will only be about 30fps of capture so it;s kinda not work risking good camera.  It's really just for fun as opposed to detail.  We tend to get a lot of crap for our GTGs that we don't really do anything or that we are crazy.  Just trying to show that we really do get together and do real shit to our cars. Anyone bringing any PB, I got some wax on my lowers.

Of course the real trick is for each car to be running and driveable by the end of the day.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Timing belt GTG
« Reply #211 on: February 20, 2004, 08:07:57 PM »

spencerjw

• Stock
    • http://diesel.textamerica.com
Timing belt GTG
« Reply #212 on: February 20, 2004, 08:16:34 PM »
In case anyone wants a map - MAPQUEST MAP
pencer
Parker - '04 Passat 1.8T
APR Chip - Alien Remote Mod - Tinted Windows

Check Out My MoBlog
My Gallery

Timing belt GTG
« Reply #213 on: February 21, 2004, 02:29:54 AM »
ok I'm out...

sorry but I need to work on the bestvwrally team cars this w/e and that is just silly far from me..(how could you not come to the Euro GTG's on the southside? They were two blocks away from that location all summer..)
If you guys blow them off this year....I must smell like chicken wings and your missing out....the first one was 65 cars on the southside..

May everything go right and be easy for ya'll 8)

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
Timing belt GTG
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2004, 05:27:35 PM »
well, how'd it go? pics...
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Timing belt GTG
« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2004, 05:39:04 PM »
Quote from: "kt037"
well, how'd it go? pics...

See TB is Done!!!
Still waiting for the pics
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Timing belt GTG
« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2004, 09:10:58 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
Anyone bringing any PB, I got some wax on my lowers.

LOL

Well, it is done.  Lots of work, and we learn a few things.  Like Chas learned that all pulleys are not the same and I learned that the thermostat o-ring goes under the thermostat and not above it...

Hey Lance, Pat, Wendy and I came to the southside Euro meet in May, remember?

In the summer though, I do get crazy busy though, so don't take it personally if I can't make it to all of em, though I will try even harder this year.

With camping biking and yardwork, unfortunately my car can sometimes take a backseat (pun intended) in the summer.

Pics coming this evening!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Timing belt GTG
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2004, 12:43:52 PM »
Quote from: "ColoradoB5"

Hey Lance, Pat, Wendy and I came to the southside Euro meet in May, remember?
In the summer though, I do get crazy busy though, so don't take it personally if I can't make it to all of em, though I will try even harder this year.

No worries, I do remember :P .. We got your guys out to a few, just hoping for more 8)   We have the new scehdual but ive not build the season calender yet.  

rodger, over under done.  what a great Sunday weather you got!

looking forward to the story too :)

we had 8guys plowing through the jobs here (unreal for a sunday) they worked me into the ground and was outcold by nine. haha