Author Topic: Paging JR - Time to go TRADE IN the Jetta  (Read 2003 times)

gragravar

• Supercar
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
Re: Paging JR - Time to go TRADE IN the Jetta
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 04:14:53 PM »
I wandered over to the B6 S4 forum one day and they were griping about how the ultrasport got more goodies than their much-more-expensive cars.  8O

But the coolest feature of the S4 is the seats! Does the ultra come with Recaros?

EDIT: Answered my own question. No Recaros in the Ultra. :(
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 04:14:53 PM »

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 09:57:45 PM »
Do you guys know NOTHING about the Ultrasport?!  :lol:  :wink:  It's basically an S4 with a 1.8T engine. I've been looking for one for oh, I don't know for over 8mo. now. I'm almost positive it's going to be out of my price range.

Damn. It's nice, really low miles, good price...hmm...too bad I'm having pretty bad marital issues right now :evil: I should trade in my truck :lol: Ian and I will be down there tomorrow so I'll take a look at it.

That's a hell of a find. I suspect they'll have it for no more than a month.

Even though I owe well under book trade-in, they're not offering ANYTHING for trade-ins on my Jetta. Even the fact that it only has 22K on it doesn't really matter. I would want to get around $16K for it ($1.5K under book traded). They are already under trade on the A4 even though it's still probably $2K more than what they paid for it.

...I guess I could aways take out a 72mo loan. :oops:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 10:08:04 PM »
Damn Damn...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 10:14:54 PM »
why do you want to get rid of the Jetta so bad?

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 10:42:12 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan";p="55627"
Damn Damn...

Just trying to help.   :twisted:
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 11:43:47 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo";p="55628"
why do you want to get rid of the Jetta so bad?

I don't. I just want a black A4 Ultrasport  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 03:09:27 PM »
I drove by and looked at last night. 37K on it, $21.5K was the quote and it is an Auto. I may wash the truck all pretty this morning and take the car for a spin today :D They also have an R32 with 27K on it, but the price is again, in the stratosphere.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 04:15:32 PM »
Yup, i saw the R32 yesterday on the lot and wondered what the price was.  I wonder how much if any the MkIV R32's will drop when the 2008 R32 comes out.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 06:03:13 PM »
Quote from: "StarlightB5";p="55642"
Yup, i saw the R32 yesterday on the lot and wondered what the price was.  I wonder how much if any the MkIV R32's will drop when the 2008 R32 comes out.

Funny...I just talked with Race, the Sales Manger over there. He's a really good friend of mine and I had no idea he was there :lol: He was Mtn. States' Finance Manager when I bought the Passat. Anyway, I asked him about the R's and he said he doesn't expect anything more than a couple grand drop when the MKV's come out. They're starting right around $32K and he was saying that just the price gap will be the MKIV prices up. And they're selling them for that price too.

Also just like the GLI's he said have been flying off their lot. They're only selling them for $15,16K but they've got no problem selling them or the R32's. I guess as long as their's a market to buy at the price, the price stays there. Simple economics. :D He did say there's more room to move on the A4 though...not much, but it's there.

I don't second guess him in the least. In the almost four years I've known him, he's be nothing but straight up. I don't know if I'll like it as much since it has an auto- but man, auto's real nice sometimes.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner