Author Topic: Xterra Firma Lotsa Mula  (Read 1879 times)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Xterra Firma Lotsa Mula
« on: February 09, 2007, 01:39:56 PM »
Woot!

In the same day, I scored to things I didn't think I'd be able to get my hands on: a second set of cams and an intake manifold. This is so I can send parts of to get done and still keep my truck running

So the process will begin in 2007- partial engine rebuild on my truck 8) I have a couple other truck related items (like steering :x ) in front of the engine rebuild but yeah....me happy  :wink:

A lot of the parts are coming for Spencer Low Racing. In relation to these two, I'm putting the Large Bore Throttle Body from SLR on and plan on having my intake manifold polished and ported to suit.

The cams I'm going to be sending of to Schneider to have reground to just this side of standard NISMO racing specs: 262/.430.

Both of these will go in when I do my timing belt this year along with new lifters.

The other engine related mods are intake, headers and exhaust along with hi-flow cats most likely all from Spencer Low Racing. All combined I should be able to add a solid 60hp at the crank 8)

Unfortunately, my steering needs to get done ASAP so that's first on the list- I'm planning on going with the massively beefy desert racing Total Chaos steering kit and double-shear heims. I also have a 3" lift coming as well with upgraded 300mm torsion bars.

I'll update this thread as I get things done. I'll also get some photos of the new parts :) Just for kicks.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Re: Xterra Firma Lotsa Mula
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 03:30:17 PM »
Aight...much fun, got my new steering replacement parts as well as stabilizer on order. I'm taking it in next week to get measured and priced for set of sliders.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 03:30:17 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 09:59:18 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan";p="55217"
Aight...much fun, got my new steering replacement parts as well as stabilizer on order. I'm taking it in next week to get measured and priced for set of sliders.

I am a 4x4 idiot....explain that to me since I don't understand what sliders are :oops:

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 10:08:21 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo";p="55248"
Quote from: "jayryan";p="55217"

I am a 4x4 idiot....explain that to me since I don't understand what sliders are :oops:

steel bars that sit under the body work (usually along the bottom edge of the doors between the wheels) to keep the body sliding along a rock rather than being dented due to an encounter with one.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 03:47:33 AM »
Yup. And they can be SPENDY.

'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 06:09:31 AM »
dude, that is sweet, I want those for the subaru, and on the side, and front and rear bumper.  The parking garage here at work is not friendly to body panels.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 02:29:13 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan";p="55256"
And they can be SPENDY.

less spendy than body work.  they are worth it if you are off roading around rocks like that.

Jon - sounds like the Subie needs some police style bull bars up front!
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein