Author Topic: Service in 500 miles  (Read 1292 times)

A4play

• Stock
Service in 500 miles
« on: March 05, 2007, 09:44:14 PM »
Hey I'm sorry this may be a really stupid question. my car is telling me I need service done in 500 miles, and I hate paying to have my car worked on.. what is involved when you bring your car in for service? I'm assuming I can do most of it on my own, I'm goin on a road trip in a 2 weeks to MI, and I'm gonna be towing a jet ski on the way back so I wanna make sure its in good running condition. If any of you could help me out with this, that would be awesome.

dunno if it makes much of a difference, but I have a B5 A4 1.8T.

gragravar

• Supercar
Re: Service in 500 miles
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 09:51:30 PM »
just give Randy a call (Autobahn Premier Servie - see the add that is likely at the top of this page)

his prices are fair and he knows what he is doing.  I don't take my car anywhere else.

as for what is involved - depends on what the mileage is.  could be just an oil change, or could be up to and including a new timing belt.  your manual should tell you what is called for at your specific mileage.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 09:51:30 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 09:51:35 PM »
you can get that cleared when you have your service done, you don't need to go to the dealer for that.  I believe places llike Auto Zone can clear it for you if you do the work yourself, or if you have an independent mechanich do the work, they can help you out as well....like Autobahn...Randy can clear that for you.

As far as what is involved with the service, it all depends on how many miles you have on the car, different intervals have different requirements.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 09:52:15 PM »
damn, beat me by just seconds....well, at least we basically said the same thing :)

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 09:55:36 PM »
great minds...
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

A4play

• Stock
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 09:57:18 PM »
alrighty, thanks a lot!