Author Topic: Stay away from McDonald Automotive VW for service!  (Read 22411 times)

methodicalmayhem

• Lightly Modded
Re: Stay away from McDonald VW for service!
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2007, 06:13:50 PM »
I only took my car there for maintenance and then only because I was able to sit in the service bay and bs with Sterling while he worked on my car. Since Sterling was let go I haven't been back to any dealership, plus Randy has stepped up and made me feel a lot more confident in the "small shops" with his way of working to the point that I would stay VW/Audi for as long as he is in business.
Studded - Vol. 1 - Our first full length DVD: Now Available!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2007, 07:20:20 PM »
Visual Protest is good- I'm in.

I have a friend that made the yellow stickers (you've probably seen them) "I hate Saturn of Aurora" after a similar incident and exceedintly poor treatment. Evidently, the grew to become quite popular.

I'm sure one of Ian's sponsors could make some up that say, "I hate McDonald VW/Audi"  :roll:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2007, 07:20:20 PM »

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2007, 07:24:13 PM »
Sorry to hear this happened, Jay.  McD's is consistently the most unethical, least trustworthy business I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with.  They've damaged my car and the cars of many friends on a consitant basis, and always refuse to take responsibilty for their actions.  I've said it for seven years now:  STAY AWAY.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2007, 08:33:56 PM »
Sorry to hear it, Jay. McD's sounds like an untrustworthy and dishonest shop. I'll be sure to tell anyone I meet with a VW to avoid them.

And I like the "anti-ad" banner.  :lol:
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2007, 08:43:58 PM »
8)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2007, 09:12:23 PM »
LOL, just saw the skip McD VW add on the top...that is awesome Jay!!!

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2007, 09:16:04 PM »
sorry to hear about the trouble Jay.  It really bites when people fail to take responsibility for their mistakes.  

:P to McD VW
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

jwilker

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.johnwilker.com
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2007, 09:48:35 PM »
wow. dude that is totally teh suck!!!

Guess I'll be calling Randy for my 10k service.
ohn Wilker
'06 A4 Avant, 2.0T
Blog i
Blog II

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2007, 09:01:03 PM »
I am in total awe....

I STILL have yet to hear from the service manager who was supposed to call me yesterday, left him another message today. Left a message for the service writer who called me back earlier and told me the parts came in and the car MIGHT be done today. He said he would call me back later and let me know either way.

He called me ten minutes ago to inform me after FOUR HOURS of working on the car (keep in mind the sm told me this was like an hour job) that they need to order a gasket for the master cylinder/brake booster connection or something like that. He then tells me the part should be in Monday and I hear the tech in the background yell, no Tuesday!

So then I ask the service writer is the service manager is around, he looks in the office and says, looks like he left for the day. I was like, I need that job, do nothing, return no calls, and come and go as I please.

I ask him to PLEASE remind the sm that he needs to call me back, and to contact the rental car company that we will have the car for about FOUR MORE DAYS!

They have had my car for a week! Clearly these techs have no idea what they are doing. I am so terrified that this car is just going to explode when we get it back.

Oh, and as far as I can tell, the sm has yet to call VWCC back and they only have one business day to reply.

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2007, 12:33:08 AM »
I jsut saw an ad for McDonald VW on the top of the forum... find it pretty funny.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2007, 01:20:00 AM »
Quote from: "Spicoli";p="55912"
I jsut saw an ad for McDonald VW on the top of the forum... find it pretty funny.

Yeah, but did you read what it says?.....that is the best part.  Jay made a special add :) :twisted:

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2007, 03:47:07 AM »
that is what I found so funny.  It sounds all official and all.  It is great.

They are a good dealer to buy from, but service, not so good.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2007, 11:57:54 AM »
Jay this whole situation just blows.

Personally If things are not done tomorrow AND you can drive your car at all, get it out of there.  I think a call to Tom Martino is in order just to make sure the listening public hears how bad they are.  Start with an email and I'm sure hell send back a reply that says to call the show at this time kind of thing.  (He did that for me on a deal I had with a bogus cigar dealer - Another story....)

If you cannot drive it out of there you need to raise the stakes and get the owner of the business involved.  Document everything...time of phone calls/who you spoke with/what was said etc and meet with the owner since the SM cannot seem to make you a priority.  I know Jimmy Osborn finally came out and met with me when their service department screwed up our Eurovan.  Things got fixed but only after he had to get involved.

GOOD LUCK!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2007, 02:33:36 PM »
Thanks Rob, and everyone.

The car is not drive-able at this point I imagine.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2007, 01:26:19 PM »
Still no response as of this AM, just got off the phone with VWCC they too have been ignored by the service manager. I filed another complaint about lack of response from the dealer. VWCC said they will follow up by trying to make contact with the service manager again this morning.

Now I need to go and call him again as well, which I'm sure will be another message on his voie mail which will probably be ignored again.

Docwyte

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2007, 01:29:33 PM »
Time to kick it up the chain to either the GM or the owner.
ttp://www.projectonelap.com

Stock parts for sale, contact me for info!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: Stay away from McDonald Automotive VW for service!
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2007, 02:04:43 PM »
VWCC just called me back, the service manager is out today and may be out for some time? That's strange. They did talk to the service writer who wrote up the work request and everything. He told VWCC that the service manager and/or the parts.service director would be calling me this afternoon.

Ok, so the service manager that appears to be out indefinitely is going to call me? The guy wont even call me back when he's at work, why would he call me outside of work? The parts/service director was supposed to call me last week, but s/he didn't, so again, why would s/he now?

VWCC also would not provide me with the contact information for the regional rep for VWOA and stated that I could only get that through the dealer. Which, I will obviously have to be crafty about because no one wants to talk to me as is.

Which brings me to another point. If they stand behind their statements so much, why wont they talk to me? Why wont they return calls when they say they will? They were supposed to call me to update me on my car each day, and they don't. The only person that ever calls back is the service writer after I nag him for an update and VWCC when I file a complaint.

In the end, I guess I lose, I get my car damaged, I get back work performed on the car and I am just expected to sit back and take it because I am the lowly consumer. I will be out the money on th wheels it seems like, but in the end, the shoddy workmanship will come back to them when the car is returned at the end of the lease.

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2007, 02:05:33 PM »
Demand that VW pays to have it moved somewhere else (Osborn would be my suggestion).
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2007, 02:23:05 PM »
Ian, I am researching that option, but I am still holding out an inkling of hope that they will work with me on this. I fear leaving it there and I fear removing it from their lot because each has negative potential.

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2007, 02:25:10 PM »
That's fair, but with the number of calls, protests, complaints, and this thread, it's easy to identify that these issues were identified and brought up to McDonald's before the move was made.
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2007, 02:37:30 PM »
The service write just called to let me know the part will be in today and the car "should" be done today. He also restated that the Parts/Service director "should" call me this afternoon and is in meetings until roughly 11am.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2007, 02:59:03 PM »
Jay, talking with a friend of mine on the phone who's in turn relaying this to the owner of Emich. I explained a bit of the situation and he suggested  you go in ask for the area rep's name. I have his name, but my connection wants to make sure the proper channels are touched first so they're reluctant to give me his contact info. They will give it to me, but want to make sure you just ask for the reps info.

The rep usually deals with faulty VW's and not dealership issues and this sounds more like a dealership issue.

He also said that you should probably go in an start dropping "the TM word." They said that's usually pretty effective and sobering to a dealership...

Anyway, I'll PM the reps name to you and you can do with it what you will. I can probably get some more info, but it really looks like dealerships just run their own game and VW doesn't hold them that accountable for their actions...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2007, 03:16:41 PM »
Thanks JR, that is pretty much what VWCC told me as well. Scary isn't it. Then again, VW would only have one dealership in each state or maybe each region if they had to manage them.

B5_Alex

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2007, 03:33:21 PM »
Just reading this make me MADDDD   :evil:

I see you posted on 1.8T.org, but have you seen the McDonald Audi rating??? It's -18.

That is some piss poor service and alot of mad customers.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2007, 06:16:13 PM »
Holy smokes, Jay!  That is terrible!  Denver has a pretty serious aftermarket community, and you may just consider telling them that they have been blacklisted on all of the local forums.  I am sure you could get DCI to put up a post too, and try and get VWV covered in the local forums.

Bottom line, service this poor should not be tolerated and either they make amends to their customers by providing good service or we pressure them by waging a verbal/online campaign.

I am with you buddy, so just let me know how it goes and I will back you up.

Dub
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2007, 06:54:45 PM »
The car is done, I just got a call from the service writer. He also asked in the parts and service director had called me yet and I responded no.

He is going to get the director or the service manager to give me a call. Though again, the service manager is not in so I'm not sure how that is going to be accomplished.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2007, 07:11:10 PM »
Quote from: "gietl";p="55950"
The car is done

Is it really? :crazy:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

jwilker

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2007, 07:19:02 PM »
and satisfactorily? is that a word? I hope so.
ohn Wilker
'06 A4 Avant, 2.0T
Blog i
Blog II

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2007, 07:24:53 PM »
All I know is I am going home first and picking up my camera and taking lots of pictures when I get there and I plan on spending a long long long time going over the car before it leaves the lot.

jwilker

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2007, 07:43:50 PM »
good plan
ohn Wilker
'06 A4 Avant, 2.0T
Blog i
Blog II