Author Topic: Stay away from McDonald Automotive VW for service!  (Read 22165 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: Stay away from McDonald Automotive VW for service!
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2007, 12:34:08 PM »
Quote from: "ianacole";p="56964"
Damn Jay - wanna borrow the Volvo?

Ian, thank you very much for the offer, I did get your message this morning as well. We are good. VW had been paying for hte rental and we could have gone and picked one up this morning. Once we find out more today we will either go get another rental from them or I'll just chauffeur Renee around until they are done.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2007, 12:35:51 PM »
Quote from: "aowhaus";p="56973"
stupidity and incompetance -- totally unacceptable.  :thumbdown:

I suggest sharing your complaints here:
http://1.8t.org/dealers/?fs=co&sd=desc  
McDonald Audi is rated the worst dealership in CO, and there's only one rating for McDonald VW, so I think you should add your experience there.

Sorry to hear you still have to deal with this nonsense.
They should've provide you with a loaner car since the rental place is closed and the inconvenience and trouble you had to go through.
They used to have a shuttle service, but in my experience they could not be trusted or relied on at all.

Alan, I posted the only review of McDonald Volkswagen on there. :) Might be time to put the banner ad back up on the site.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2007, 12:35:51 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2007, 01:00:54 PM »
We have the car back! In the end they just put a new wheel on the front ant it appears they either had the rear one redone or found another one that was better to replace it with. We are satisfied with the end result, though it was still an ordeal larger than anyone should have to deal with.

Some points going forward. We all know dealerships are in business to make money. They need to attempt to find that balance between staying profitable, having good customer service and doing quality work/offering quality products. When one of these area's gets out of balance it can really create a big mess. Not just for the consumer but for the business.

I can sit here and speculate about their business practices all day, and I think from the comments in this thread and the others found on the web most people can probably figure it out. A consumer shouldn't have to call anyone out on something. I understand mistakes happen, those come in the form of bad work and damage/accidents. It happens, it's a fact of life. However, you have to be responsible for your actions and step up when you make a mistake and own it.

While to the very end McDonald denied any wrong doing, they did step up and remedy the situation by having the wheels refinished. Were they obligated to do that, no. Did I threaten them or force them into it, no. Had this just been taken care of right away, had they not tried to deliver the car to me in this condition and with shoddy work I could almost sit here and say, go to them for service.

This is behind us now, thankfully, but I will think twice even if they are more convenient. One last thing, I've said it before and I can't stress it enough. Make any shop you work with do a walk around on the car. If you have scratches or damage make them aware of it. Make them know that you know your car, the good and the bad.

Now hopefully this will die out, eventually the Google ranking of this thread will drop and everyone will be happy.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2007, 01:11:08 PM »
"While to the very end McDonald denied any wrong doing..."
To me, accountability means acknowledging any wrong doing, not just making it right in the end.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2007, 01:15:16 PM »
Agreed

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2007, 07:40:46 PM »
I almost feel like I was keeping a secret. I worked for VW/Audi service at McDonald from 00-01 and let's just say I never took my Audis there.
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

masterqi

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2007, 08:03:12 PM »
Quote from: "gietl";p="57029"
I will think twice even if they are more convenient.

Are you kidding? Do you even need to think *once*?   8O

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2007, 12:58:13 AM »
Last time I looked there was one other very unfavorable review of McDonald VW -- anyways, I did leave a bad rating on my experience for McDonald VW but at that time VW and Audi McDonalds were one.

Making a quick buck and screwing your customers is one thing but having respect, repeat clients and referrals are the most rewarding and speaks volumes.
Especially in the car industry, where there's a bad stigma and stereotype associated with them, and any decent reputable dealership should try their best to keep their customers happy and coming back for more business.  My folks are on their fourth Acura from the same dealership simply because they offered outstanding customer service and they could trust and rely on them.

Hope that's the end with your experience with McDonalds.
There are many better VW dealerships out there.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2007, 05:18:57 PM »
I'm glad it worked out in the end.

It's too bad you had to go through that.  Cars are very imporant to people.  Not everyone, but to some people, they are, and for those people, it is worth it to drive a long way for good service.  Service should be an easy experience.  Take your car, get the work done, and get the car back in the same shape as it was dropped off in.

This is a no brainer, and anyone that has the smallest inkling of how customer service works will treat the customer better than their own family, for this is how they make their money.  Your reputation in the Customer Service industry is your most valuable commodity.

If you want a clear example of how hard it is to overcome bad publicity, look no farther than eBay.  Would you buy something from someone with a REALLY bad rating?  No way!

McDonald, VW, I bought my car from you, but due to this experience and others that I have had, I won't buy another one and won't service my current car or future cars there, unless there is a MAJOR turnaround.

Schade!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.