Sat June 2
1 (33.3%)
Sun June 3
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 02, 2007, 07:45:13 PM

Linked Events

• Mini Detail Day: June 03, 2007

Author Topic: Last minute detail/garage day this weekend!  (Read 5352 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Last minute detail/garage day this weekend!
« on: June 01, 2007, 12:45:13 AM »
I was thinking about having a mini detail/garage day Saturday or Sunday this weekend. I know it's last minute but it appears Renee will have some last few things to finish up with School and I really need to detail my S4. I have a two bay Garage and a 10x10 canopy. I also could use some help working on my car, I hate to ask it, but I'll be spent pretty quick.

So in theory 3 cars could be done at once. I also have a ginormous blue spruce that creates some good shade. Weather looks to be mild. I also have a grill so we can cook some food if folks are hungry. The kegerator is still in limbo as I need to finish it's makeover. Got put on hold with my lovely Winter of fun.

I guess also if there is any minor work anyone needs done we could do that too, though I JUST started working out again last night so I am still a total sissy.

Weather shot from the folks at 9news.com:

Don't forget to vote!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 01:19:20 AM by gietl »

gragravar

• Supercar
Re: Last minute detail/garage day this weekend!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 12:47:20 AM »
there is no way for me to make saturday, have to venture out east for a birthday party in ft morgan. (dont ask)

maybe sunday though.  Being down to only one car between us all could limit my ability to attend though.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 12:47:20 AM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 12:51:02 AM »
You could always ride the bike and we could detail it! I do need to do my bike as well, but it is a lot smaller than my car. :)

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 12:52:46 AM »
that's true, but the wife's car really needs a detail too.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 12:55:20 AM »
Oh I forgot to ask as well, if anyone has who is interested in coming and has a porter cable, well that would be just swell. I have a crappy little random orbital craftsman thingy that really sucks.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 01:24:28 AM »
I can swing by Saturday AM, but I work saturday and sunday nights.  You can use my PC...but I don't have any pads right now.

Either way, I can drop them by on Saturday if you want.  I would probably want to be home by noon so I could get a nap before work, but you are welcome to use the PC...I am not planning on detailing anything for several weeks.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 01:56:54 AM »
Thanks Jon! I'll make the call tomorrow based on votes and all that.

Another thing I forgot to mention, I DO NOT have my air compressor currently, so if anyone does want to do work I gots no air, I kind of spaced that I loaned it out.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 03:02:26 AM »
I'm working both days, all day this weekend. Sorry mang, otherwise I'd love to. My car's due for another wax and polish.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 07:38:39 PM »
Hey Jay I would love to come because my car needs some serious detailing, but I have a house inspection to go to.  We have a contract on a house right down the road from you at Holly and County Line (Fox Ridge).

Then I have to work on the truck.  I need to replace the front brakes and get it ready to sell.  I may be able to come over for that, but I might get stuck at home since that's where the kids are.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 08:03:09 PM »
Nice, Fox Ridge is a good neighborhood, glad to hear you'll be close by. Hope it all goes well.

At this point as it looks to be just Andrew and I detailing and Sunday is the only day that works for him I am going to say Sunday is the day (sorry Jon :()

I will still have some food, some beer and stuff so any last minute folks come on by. Not sure what time to start.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 08:28:27 PM »
no worries Jay...if you need my PC, leave me a message tonight so I can get it to you tomorrow morning.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 08:29:08 PM »
Thanks Jon, I will give you a ring when I get home.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 08:33:07 PM »
I am only home for a minute, headed back over to my mother-in-laaws, she bashed her nose into a cabinet while unpacking groceries and split it wide open, down to the bone.  I took her to get stitches.  Now her face is all swollen up.  I think we are doing family dinner night tonight and give her some TLC, so if I don't answer my cell, just leave a message or send me an email, etc....blah, blah, blah.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 08:35:26 PM »
Will do Jon, thanks again.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 08:47:07 PM »
Nice, Fox Ridge is a good neighborhood, glad to hear you'll be close by. Hope it all goes well.

At this point as it looks to be just Andrew and I detailing and Sunday is the only day that works for him I am going to say Sunday is the day (sorry Jon :()

I will still have some food, some beer and stuff so any last minute folks come on by. Not sure what time to start.

after I get home from this birthday party tomorrow, I should have a good idea of our plans for Sunday and will get back with you on an ideal time.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 09:36:42 PM »
that's true, but the wife's car really needs a detail too.

If you need my PC let me know and i can meet up sometime. Maybe some night we can meet and install my icelink and i can drop off the PC with you.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 11:37:46 PM »
I bought a PC a little while back, this will be its break in detail day.

as for your icelink, if all goes well, I'll be around tomorrow evening, playing with a new toy...

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 11:50:58 PM »
Jay - I just secured my permission slip for heading down there on Sunday.  shall we plan to get started around 9am?  I am a little afraid about how bad stacie's car is - it may take a while.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 12:50:44 AM »
That sounds great. Do you need me to send you my address or phone number or do you still have all that?

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 12:52:00 AM »
That sounds great. Do you need me to send you my address or phone number or do you still have all that?

I can find the house.  not sure I have the phone so send that.  it would be good to have that in case I really dont remember where the house is.

A4play

• Stock
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 12:59:22 AM »
would you mind if I join on sunday? I just purchased a new bike and it got rained on this week so I gotta debate if I wanna clean the bike or the A4. Sunday is my moms birthday but I dont think we are getting together until dinner sunday so I should have some time to help you guys out.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 01:05:06 AM »
Sounds like a plan, watch for a PM with my address and phone number. I should also add, while I have a bucket, hose and will have some soap and all that I can't guarantee I will have enough or the right product for your  everyones rides.

I will be hitting up Detailer's Paradise tomorrow for some last minute items  and hopefully some PC pads. I also need to pick u some more microfiber towels.

Anyway, my point is, bring any detailing supplies you would like to use. If you are bringing your bike I should have enough stuff to take care of you, but since I don't know what your car might need...well you get the idea.

I will take inventory of what I have as well, I think I have like 3 bottles of back to black, not sure why, I guess I always think I am low and buy more...of course I have no idea if it is still any good. Works great on black (rough) plastic lowers on Audi's and VWs.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 01:16:34 AM »
I will give andrew my PC tomorrow when we do the car pick up thingy.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2007, 01:18:41 AM »
Sweet, Jon, as always you rock.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2007, 01:51:19 AM »
all still a go here.  see you in the morning.

Despite the Rover's NEED for some massive cleaning, I will be taking care of the wife's car tomorrow.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2007, 01:52:33 AM »
Sounds good, see you in the AM.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2007, 02:01:42 AM »
Andrew has my PC...he will leave it with you, and I will get it from you either on Wednesday at Alan's, or some other time I can swing by.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2007, 11:29:04 AM »
Thanks again Jon, I really appreciate it and we will be there Wednesday.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2007, 07:32:34 PM »
Two cars done! Andrew did his (wife's) 330i and I took care of my UrS. I had hoped to get to my bike too, but I was worn out and the weather is a changing outside. I am offloading the pics right now and will have them uploaded.

Oh, and I don't care what Andrew says, the improvement in the finish on the 330i wins! It had a lot of imperfections in the clear coat and while he couldn't get them all the improvement alone with the Klasse all in one really made the car shine and the paint feel smooth. Nice work!

The UrS was actually in pretty good shape, clay bar and some Prima Epic really did a nice job. Oh and the exhaust tips were just NASTY on my car. Nick recommended the same stuff Pat used on his, P21S. It is pretty gritty stuff but it really polished up the tips nicely. You can actually see Stromung on them now! Dub, this is similar to that stuff you got, just a bit tougher. I'm glad I opted for this, it would have been an all day job with the milder stuff.

Many thanks again to Jon for letting me use his Porter Cable, it worked great!

Click on any of the pictures for a larger version or click the following link for the whole album:

Mini Detailing Day 06/03/2007

Looks like Andrew has some work to do!
Looks like Andrew has some work to do!

Nice job Andrew!
Nice job Andrew!

Stromung mad.
P6030013.JPG

Stromung happy
Both sides mostly done!

The finished product...
P6030022.JPG
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 08:07:15 PM by gietl »

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 02:40:27 AM »
Thanks for hosting Jay. That was fun today.