Author Topic: All 3 cars need alignments.... Should I wait?  (Read 990 times)

Uber_Wagon

• Stock
All 3 cars need alignments.... Should I wait?
« on: March 27, 2007, 10:51:21 AM »
Thanks to this wonderful pothole season :evil: , I need to take both of the Audis in for alignments (or at least to be checked)  and I still haven't gotten the Jeep aligned after the lift install.

The question I'm trying to figure out is, should I wait for Denver to patch more of these damn potholes, or should I take the cars in now to get the work done?

Anyone have a good recommendation for a shop to do the S4, A4 and Lifted Cherokee.  Maybe I can get some kind of bulk alignment discount.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: All 3 cars need alignments.... Should I wait?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 10:58:12 AM »
talk to Randy at Autobahn, he has a guy that does his alignments near his shop...the guy is supposed to be a genious, and will even adjust sub-frames to get the alignment in propper form.

If you feel you are damaging tires, get it done, if you are planning on new tires, put them on the day you have the alignment done, so you can have the car aligned with them on, etc.

I would not wait Denver is always going to have pot holes, just be careful, and try to avoid the streets that have them.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 10:58:12 AM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 12:06:31 PM »
I was planning on waiting until the end of April if possible. Namely to allow Denver to repair the still lurking larger potholes and to accommodate for one last Spring Snow Hurrah that may create more potholes. :)

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 12:15:42 PM »
Stan's alignment in Denver did a great job on my car at a very reasonable price.  The were also able to fit me in on relatively short notice.

If you are driving the car with a bad alignment, you are doing bad things to your tires.  I'd get the alignment now.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

methodicalmayhem

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 02:15:55 PM »
Definitely get a hold of the guys at Midwest Frame & Alignment (Randy's hook up). They did my alignment after I put on my suspension and were really great about the whole process and fast. Cost me only $40 but that's on a FWD car.
Studded - Vol. 1 - Our first full length DVD: Now Available!