Author Topic: Roller Derby anyone? Fri. 7pm, April 20th  (Read 6444 times)

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
Roller Derby anyone? Fri. 7pm, April 20th
« on: April 10, 2007, 08:58:45 PM »
First off, thanks to Win and Jay for my repeated requests to change my password and/or re-register me.  I'm obviously not visiting over here as often as I should  :oops:  

So the topic at hand:  Anyone down for some roller derby action?  I mentioned it to Winston not too long ago, and he suggested I let you all know...maybe make an informal get together?!  

The bouts are a great time, I'm sure you'd all have a blast!  Kids 12 and under are free and the bouts are very family friendly (despite some moderately risque skate names and uniforms) It's only $13 bucks and you can also sit RIGHT UP FRONT next to the track!

I started training with these ladies last month, by the way.  I'm officially a Denver Roller Doll, but am still on probation so I won't be skating at this bout.  Hopefully they'll have me whipped into shape soon, though  :thumbup:

It'd be great to see you all there!  If you'd like to get some tickets ahead of time and enjoy some ever-so-delicious BBQ, stop by Brothers BBQ at 1st and Wadsworth this Friday, also.  I'll be there slinging $1 PBRs and selling tickets with some of the other Dolls.  

Hope you're all doing well...like I said, it'd be awesome to see some of you all there!  

~Wen

PS If nobody wants to come, no big whoop.  I'll still keep in touch with Win and try to make it to a GTG sometime to see ya'll!  

PPS You guys gotta see the Cabrio...she's hawt!  

PPPS Dr. Jon, Scott and I finally quit smoking for good!  It will be 6 months on the 23rd :)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Re: Roller Derby anyone? Fri. 7pm, April 20th
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 10:29:10 PM »
Congrats on not smoking and I'm going...I think Roller Derby kicks ass! Hell, I should be a ref :twisted:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 10:29:10 PM »

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 02:41:20 PM »
Wow 19 views and only 1 post?!  JR's the winner, I guess!  (I'll figure out a fantastic prize, don't worry  :wink: )

Woot! I'm gonna do the After Party too :twisted:

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 02:45:31 PM »
I'm trying to see if we can make it out to Brothers to buy a PBR from you. :) Of course I would like to see the Roller Derby, but talking Renee into it might be a challenge. I better work on my salesman skills. ;)

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 02:54:45 PM »
I saw some pics of the cabrio!  As Jay says" Awwwww yeah!"
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 03:00:30 PM »
Quote from: "gietl";p="56779"
I'm trying to see if we can make it out to Brothers to buy a PBR from you. :) Of course I would like to see the Roller Derby, but talking Renee into it might be a challenge. I better work on my salesman skills. ;)

If you need help talking her into it, let me know Jay!  Derby's so much better than it used to be in the 70's - there are no staged fights, winners, etc.  The gals work their asses off every week conditioning and training - it's definitely not ALL about the fishnets ;)  

~W

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 03:14:31 PM »
Man this sounds fun.  I will see about showing up.
Where is this being held at?  I drive by 1st and Wads just about everyday and can stop by for the tik's.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 03:15:08 PM »
Quote from: "WendyDarling";p="56782"
it's definitely not ALL about the fishnets ;)  

~W

Awww, damn...  :D
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 08:23:17 PM »
Quote from: "WendyDarling";p="56731"
PPPS Dr. Jon, Scott and I finally quit smoking for good!  It will be 6 months on the 23rd :)

AWESOME!!!!  That makes me very happy.

Miss ya :D

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 08:31:15 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo";p="56797"
Quote from: "WendyDarling";p="56731"

AWESOME!!!!  That makes me very happy.

Miss ya :D

HAHA I can't believe you still have that pic!  Miss you too! : hugs :

(I still have the cuffs, too  :mrgreen: )

Hopefully see ya soon!

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 08:36:44 PM »
Quote from: "StarlightB5";p="56786"
Man this sounds fun.  I will see about showing up.
Where is this being held at?  I drive by 1st and Wads just about everyday and can stop by for the tik's.

Hey Dave-it IS fun! :-)  The BBQ thing at Brothers is this Friday from 7pm-10pm at the 1st and Wads location.  The actual bout is NEXT Friday, the 20th, at 7pm at the Coliseum.  Tickets to the bout are available the night of the bout at the Coliseum, but it's easier to buy them from your friendly local roller girl or online ;)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »
I can't make the thingy...working.

PS....I moved to Parker, so if you are soon to be in Erie, we will be on the opposite sides of the state.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 12:43:17 PM »
Hey, who's going? Can someone get me a ticket? I'm out of town this weekend.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 12:49:59 PM »
I tried talking Renee into it last night and her response was: "Why do you want to go, is it so you can see women in skimpy clothes wrestling with each other?" I responded....Yes, doy!

I'm still working on it, I think it would be fun to at least go

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 02:05:37 PM »
Jay, you can tell her you are going to support Wendy, who is one of the original RMCB5'ers and that much of the club is going too.  I have never seen a roller derby, so I think that would be cool to check out by itself, but with Wen being there, it's extra special.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 03:34:02 PM »
Yup.yup. ditto  :thumbup:

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 06:08:38 PM »
Here's the teams:

http://www.denverrollerdolls.com/dolls/

Wendy, which one are you on?  What's your name?  Is that you in the back second from right of the Bad Apples?

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 02:00:20 PM »
Not on a team yet, Win :)  There's a minimum 90 day probation period before you can even "test" to be eligible to be drafted to a team, and I have about 60 to go :-)  The Dolls try to ensure all of the gals that are going to bout are in great condition and have a minimum set of skills to make everything as safe as possible.

It's too bad that's Renee's perception of roller derby, Jay!  We need to work on that! :(  It would be nice if she came to a bout to see that it's much more than just "girls wrestling each other with skimpy clothes on..."  ;)  It's actually a full-contact race on roller skates (with skimpy clothes on, hahaha)!  The costumes really are incidental, and are just that-costumes.  Also, the wrestling/fighting days of yesteryear have gone.  Any fighting between skaters is now cause for ejection from a bout.  Fighting is a big, big no-no in our league, so alas, no wrestling.  

Of course if I don't see ya there, Jay, I'll see ya some other time I'm sure!  After we get settled in the new house and get used to our new routine, we'd like to make it to a GTG one of these days :-)  

And Jon-yeah I just saw you moved!  I guess I'll quit lookin' for the Mini when I'm in Westminster :-)  Parker's a nice town, one of our buddies in DCI used to live there and I loved going to hang out at his place.  Yes, it's really far south, but it's a beautiful area!  I'll miss you at the bout, but I'll hopefully see you sometime this summer :-D

~W

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2007, 02:55:19 PM »
Quote from: "gietl";p="56814"
I tried talking Renee into it last night and her response was: "Why do you want to go, is it so you can see women in skimpy clothes wrestling with each other?" I responded....Yes, doy!

Tell her its ok, and that you are gonna stop at Shotguns for a steak instead.  :)

She will prolly let you go.
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 03:05:42 PM »
LOL, I think I can talk her into it, usually she would have class that night, but it got rescheduled.

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 01:55:42 PM »
Quote from: "Colorado_Baja";p="56859"
Quote from: "gietl";p="56814"

Tell her its ok, and that you are gonna stop at Shotguns for a steak instead.  :)

She will prolly let you go.

Listen to Mr. Creative here!  ;-)

Hopefully it works out and you can come, Jay...it'd be good to see you two!

~W

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 04:57:17 PM »
Hey, the family and I stopped by Brothers BBQ on Staurday afternoon and we didn't see you.  I guess taking a chance, oh well.  I am looking forward to going.  What are your hours this week and I can stop by to pick up a couple of tickets?

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 10:07:13 AM »
Hey, anybody want to meet up somewhere before the match and roll down to the coliseum as a group? Winston, PM me if you still need a ride. Alan [velo] said he could give you a ride home earlier if I wanted to stay out late.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 01:12:49 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan";p="57027"
Hey, anybody want to meet up somewhere before the match and roll down to the coliseum as a group? Winston, PM me if you still need a ride. Alan [velo] said he could give you a ride home earlier if I wanted to stay out late.

I am down with meeting up.  I will have Megan with me.  I still need to pick up some tickets.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2007, 01:19:07 PM »
Quote from: "StarlightB5";p="57031"
Quote from: "jayryan";p="57027"

I am down with meeting up.  I will have Megan with me.  I still need to pick up some tickets.

I need a ticket too. I was planning on getting one at the door, but if you grab a couple can you get an extra? I'll give you cash when we meet up.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »
Can do, I just need to know when Wendy will be at Brothers between today and Friday.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2007, 09:46:33 PM »
Hey Dave I think she was just there to promote the event.  Kinda of a hazing, I'm sure.  Wendy doesn't work there normally.

Hey I bought my tickets.  I think JR, Velo and I are going to head on up about the same time.  I think we are going to shoot for 6:30 to get there and chill.  Anyone want to meet up with us?

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2007, 09:56:57 PM »
Pick a spot in town and I'll meet up wherever...don't care. I am out by the airport for reference but again, don't care where we meet up. I'll just get my ticket at the door.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2007, 11:00:03 PM »
:oops:   I just now noticed all of the initial pics.  For some reason they were being blocked at work and it does not show a red "X".  

Wendy, I am sorry. I guess I will pic one up at the door then.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2007, 11:26:50 PM »
Hey guys,

Here is a link to the GoogleEarth view of the Coliseum and parking lot:

CLICK ME

It looks like the parking lot is an upside-down triangle.  Try and park in the upper left side of it and we'll just try and meet there about 6:30.  

Dave, I still think you can buy tickets online and only pay the $13 for them...