Author Topic: check engine light  (Read 1445 times)

A4play

• Stock
check engine light
« on: April 17, 2007, 11:37:03 AM »
on my way to work this morning my car almost stalled for a brief moment idling at a stop light, lights turned off, then went right back to normal. a few seconds later my CEL came on, I'm hoping to get to checker or somewhere today during lunch to have it checked, but figured I'd run it by you guys and see if anyone has an idea of what might be goin on so I can have a heads up. i'm assuming its fuel related? its on an '01 A4 1.8T

zmaninco

• Lightly Modded
Re: check engine light
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 01:48:09 PM »
That sounds more electrical related rather than fuel related.  The lights going out indicate an electrical issue.  Check your connections on the battery.  On our NB, we were having the light come on at random times with random codes.  Unfortunately, I looked at the problem from a micro-level instead of a macro-level.  So when a code related to the cam position sensor appeared, I changed out the cam position sensor.  Fews days later, light on, same code.  I also got a new code.

After hunting down a couple of these codes, I realized there was a macro issue instead.  Turns out the cable connection at the battery - cable into the battery terminal clamp - was loose.  I fixed that problem and no issues since.

Check battery connections first.

I am in Golden and have a VAG if you want to swing by I can pull your codes.

Z

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 01:48:09 PM »

A4play

• Stock
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 02:39:56 PM »
awesome thanks I'll check that first!