Author Topic: garage art  (Read 1345 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
garage art
« on: May 01, 2007, 06:05:37 PM »
finally found a MC hood for the garage, I have a grill and some spare lights to toss into it, and soon it will go on the wall with my other garage art.  This is something I have wanted for a long time, found it for $100, so that makes me even happier.  Has a few dents and scratches in it, but I will slowly pound those out and make it close to flush, but not to worried about the small stuff.

I also got me an upgraded set of front adjustable camber plates for the cooper, from Hotchkis.  Now to find the time to install them and my adjustable rear control arms.... :roll:

BHase

• Modded
Re: garage art
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 07:35:20 PM »
I think you should skip the hood, buy a second Mini Cooper, saw it in half, and make it the front for a garage bar. No?  I stole the idea from a Burger King in Ingolstadt, which has the front end of an coming out of the wall...
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 07:35:20 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 11:50:54 PM »
I totally want a MINI cooper office desk.  There is a company that takes a shell of an old MK1, and converts it into an office desk.  Betsy quickly veto'd that idea.  The garage is my area, so I get free creative license in there.

Now to just figure out how to mount it on the wall.

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 05:05:29 PM »
I assume you have seen this?

I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 06:15:20 PM »
that is the one, but Betsy was not happy about having a car in the house :)

TurboDub

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 02:00:42 AM »
Nice find Jon! I like the bar idea best tho! hehe

I seriously want that desk....  8)
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT