Author Topic: APR  (Read 2080 times)

mike618

• Stock
APR
« on: January 19, 2004, 01:17:44 PM »
I ordered my suspension parts from apr.
They put them on backorder for three weeks.  
I have as of Friday discovered that they charged my credit card on the 1st of December when I ordered them and on the 15th when they shipped.
I will keep everyone posted on how this matter turns out.
998 1.8t b5
1989 cabrio...going to be a turbo sleeper
2002 cobalt blue azonic evolution (mtn cross bike)

shummer

• Modded
APR
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 02:24:47 PM »
Hey Mike,

You'll be the only person I know with the RollControl springs. I guess if you're set on APR's springs, they're the only place to get them. So is the issue that APR charged you twice or that they charged you so early before knowing their inventory and shipping?

Rocky Mountain Club B5

APR
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 02:24:47 PM »

mike618

• Stock
APR
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 03:22:20 PM »
Ok, I tried to get the springs, however they were out of those, they will never be making them again... I did order koni yellow shocks through them, and I have an Eibach pro kit in my trunk as well.
APR charged me twice, but they were really cool about it, they should credit my card today.
998 1.8t b5

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
APR
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 05:56:39 PM »
I've found it's not uncommon for these folks to charge you right away for inventory they don't have even though legally they are not supposed to charge you for inventory not on hand.

I usually just look at the situation and determine if I am at a huge risk, but being that it is on a credit card it could always be disouted if need be, however if you are making payment on thatpurchase on the CC before receiving the product then you kind of need to think about whats going on.

Of course you can always bring to light that they can't charge you until they product is available, but they could then either not do the purchase for you, or call your immediate payment a "refundable" deposit, which is what i think most of them do.

Just keep an eye on the additional charge, but remember these guys have to stay in good standing with teh respective CC agencies and if they don't they lose their accounts and can't process those cards, so it is in their best itnerest to not screw up.

Good luck and hopefully we can all get together for a suspension install.

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
APR
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 09:39:18 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
I've found it's not uncommon for these folks to charge you right away for inventory they don't have even though legally they are not supposed to charge you for inventory not on hand.

Of course you can always bring to light that they can't charge you until they product is available, but they could then either not do the purchase for you, or call your immediate payment a "refundable" deposit, which is what i think most of them do.

Good luck and hopefully we can all get together for a suspension install.

i believe you may be slightly incorrect about this, one thing you would have to know is what find of accounting inventory system that they have set in the "letters of Incorporation"

if the "LIFO" or "just-in-time" inventorey system then they can charge you for first for it, then turn around and order it from their suppliers (or just wait for their shippment to arrive whichever is cheaper for them) and then ship it once they reciev ti. and that is perfectlt leagel.

if the use a LIFO syst. then they cannot charge you fro something that they do not have on hand unles it is tagged a a special order transaction on their accounting books the they are also fine.

one thing is for sure they cannot change their type of inventorey system unless they wanted to be IRS audited and braught up on tax evbasion and fraud charges by Uncle sam....

as for the CC, call theCC company and tell them that that was a mistake and to acall you once a refund has been issued, after you talk to APR and make sure they know they messed up. it was prolly just a human error, aqnd a simple mistrake easily fixed.

if you recieve ANY fees for this charge, (over limit fees etc etc) then speeak to the mngr to have those fees included in the refund. most Co will refund it rather than to go to court over a $10.00.. (which in most staes it is perfectly legal)
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

mike618

• Stock
APR
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 01:38:01 AM »
I should be set, I am going to call my cc in the am and verify that things have been dealt with.
m
998 1.8t b5

APR
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2004, 04:03:52 AM »
ouch, I hate it when that happens

but from the other side I paid 8K for a HPA motor and it took six months to get it...I never once yell cryed foul or anything.  unlike many of my customers...

Give them a chance before going postal.

mike618

• Stock
APR
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2004, 11:57:03 AM »
Oh I was totally cool with them, never once did I raise my voice...  If it is fixed today, all is well...
998 1.8t b5