Author Topic: 4 motion ESP Button = "the panic button"  (Read 3100 times)

4 motion ESP Button = "the panic button"
« on: February 01, 2004, 01:51:13 AM »
I rolled over come train tracks too hot tonight with it off, got a four wheel drift and started to run way wide. It was going to get ugly quick....

Reached down and hit the ESP button and the car straighten out so fast it was a sweet moment.

My new name for ESP is the "Panic button" Or the "I blew it" button take your pick.

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 06:37:03 AM »
nice....kinda, thank god you didnt damage the wb 4mo

that thing have an exhaust yet? it needs one, i wanna hear a w8  roar!
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 06:37:03 AM »

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 09:04:55 PM »
It was going to be a over the curb situation in like a few more seconds.  The "panic Button" is incredable!

the fact it knew where I "should" be when hit it was amazing.

I have yet to put it on the lift, but doing a S4TwinT rs4clutch/light fly install right now so it will be cool to se how close to Audi the exhaust is.  No way I'm importing a remus! but Ya I need an exhaust upgrade like yesterday....half the problem was I didnot see the revs rise or hear it..

If the RS4 clutch upgrade will work I'll soon know that too

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 01:39:20 PM »
http://www.bestvwclub.com/gallery/gocart.01.25.04/bigimages/gocart-092.mpg

I knowI messed that up....no going to emb src a mpg here.

Feel free to make the link right
thanks

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 01:50:02 PM »
Reverce allwheel do-nuts do nothing for you?
Amazing..haha

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 01:52:58 PM »
Hey Lance, was that you doing the donuts?  You should do the drifting donuts in that thing!!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2004, 01:26:24 PM »
Yes that was me!  Who else does reverce allwheel doughnuts?  That was after the Karting.

got a few of the drift fronts but it looks a bit scarry to the parked cars, haha

fun all the same but looking into snow tires...

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 02:49:03 PM »
Yeah, but take my word for it, you just can't have as much fun with snow tires...You do drive better though...

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 01:53:10 PM »
that was pretty cool. practice your spins man i wanna see more...  mainly the axis-spin, very cool!
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 01:56:46 PM »
Quote from: "kt037"
that was pretty cool. practice your spins man i wanna see more...  mainly the axis-spin, very cool!

I saw a video of an A4 1.8tq do that in a rainy parking lot one time.  I wish I knew where I got that video...

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2004, 02:25:14 PM »
I have gotten some great tripples with the front tire as the axis, felt like the vw tv add.

Beth was not interested in standing in the snow for video or spinning so I could, haha. maybe next time.  a fresh 4iches and a virgin frozen lot is perfect.  Come back SNOW haha

the karting night was tooo wet and would just do drift fronts so had to improvize

JokerUNM

• n00balicious
    • http://
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2004, 02:18:05 AM »
I'm confused about the ESP button.  I thought the switch turns it off?  Or do you keep it off all the time and turned it on?  I thought the car starts up with it on by default, althougth you might be able to trick it with a resistor.  

Actually, this might be the case for just the ASR, and not ESP....I just figured VW would treat it the same.  

I can see the advantages of driving around with ASR off, but I can't find any reasons why I would leave ESP off, unless I actaully wanted to create the situation you were in.

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2004, 04:15:47 AM »
Quote from: "JokerUNM"
but I can't find any reasons why I would leave ESP off, unless I actaully wanted to create the situation you were in.

:blush:
It's no fun having in on it the snow, no spins, no four wheel drifts, no edge of your seat fun.  Plus you can do no four wheel burn-outs ever with it on.

The ASR on the old GolfTurbo would stop all extra power to the ground if spin once..off could burn-out forever..

Either one is off when I'm driving...everytime 8)

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2004, 04:18:57 PM »
Does you're wife know how you drive her car?  8O  :oops:

Hey Lance. Do me a favor. Take a look under the front end of that W8 and tell me what the front sub frame looks like. Is it the same as a V6 Passat? I bet it does. If so I'd like to make you an offer to let me test fit a little something to that car of yours. It'll truely make a big difference in the handling of the car and you'll be shocked how easy it is and it won't hurt a thing.

PM me if you're interested. I need a W8 to look at in person. This would be very much worth your time.

Let me know!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!