Author Topic: Lowering springs on A6  (Read 1901 times)

blackonblackA6

• n00balicious
Lowering springs on A6
« on: June 06, 2007, 06:46:39 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has done springs on a 98ish A6??  how was the install?  and if anyone might be interested in helping out when i decide to do it.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: Lowering springs on A6
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 12:15:44 PM »
I never got around to it on my old 2000 A6. I had hoped too. However, I would recommend doing at least a rear sway bar first, the Hotchkis Sport adjustable. Part of the reason I never got around to springs was because of this upgrade. The best thing you could possibly buy for that car in terms of handling. 03Indigo installed mine, had him set it to stiff, I could scream through the curves and corners.

There are plenty of spring options out there, and In the C5 it shouldn't be a terrible install. It depends how tough bolts are to get off and all that. Being that the car is 9 years old some of those parts might not want to budge real well. The real question is how much drop do you want and what kind of ride are you looking for. Race oriented springs are going to drop you lower and be stiff as a board, there are some in the middle and of course some that lower your car while giving you a ride more lock stock. Of course with shorter springs they are going to be a little stiffer than stock at least.

We could always make a garage day of it. I guess while thinking about suspension, how are your control arms and all that? Just some more things to think about if you are going to be getting in there. Might as well try and do it all at once if it needs to be done.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 12:15:44 PM »

blackonblackA6

• n00balicious
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 03:15:18 PM »
Thanks for all the advice!  The control arms were recently replaced as well as the shocks.  Pretty much im just looking for a more aggressive look and a little better handling.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 03:18:32 PM »
That's good to know, I posted some links in your wanted thread on good places to check for used setup. I agree on getting a more aggressive look. Still, I cannot reiterate enough how nice the H-Sport sway is. It is night and day.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 03:26:03 PM »
dubitup here on the board and on Audiworld has lowering springs on his A6...look him up, he might have some info and suggestions for you.

blackonblackA6

• n00balicious
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 06:02:46 PM »
Nice!  thanks a lot!