Author Topic: Front bumper insert  (Read 2497 times)

k.pez

• n00balicious
Front bumper insert
« on: June 30, 2007, 07:59:11 PM »
I bought the car with the front license plate bracket.  I'm not sure if there is any other way to mount the bracket, but the way it is on my car is horrible. :'(

Until I register the car in Colorado, I don't see a need for keeping the empty bracket on the bumper.  I will be registering the car in on month, but until then...  What are your opinions?

License palte bracket

Bumper insert only. (Notice rust stains and gaping holes)

Bumper insert removed

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: Front bumper insert
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 10:05:27 PM »
Well you can try detailing/buffing out the rust stains and get some plugs for the gaping holes. I would prefer running woith 4 holes instead of a million. What about a replacement piece?

FYI, I run without a front plate. My front bumper isn't even drilled. Unless you are parking in Denver proper often you should be okay. Obviously you will always run the risk of getting pulled over and getting parking tickets, for which you wont be able to bitch about.

However, I wasn't about to drill my bumper to be legal. Sorry Colorado, that's just how it is.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 10:05:27 PM »

k.pez

• n00balicious
new insert
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 10:31:26 PM »
I thougth about getting a new insert.  That would involve new paint right?  I've noticed a few small chips on my hood and bumper.  Also, there seems to be something wrong with the paint on the hood.  It's splotchy.  I think it's a replacement hood and the paint job is sub-par.  I was thinking about getting everything reprayed.  I don't have a gargae to park in at the moment. I was putting that off until she can sleep indoors.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 10:34:48 PM »
Well you could always get the insert and some rattle cans of your paint code from a place like paintscratch.com and pint the insert yourself until you have the time/money to do a respray on the front. The match ill be off a little I am sure from fading and chipping, but it is a smalll piece and probably wont stand out that much.

Richard-EB

• Lightly Modded
  • EuroBerge Editor
    • EuroBerge Magazine
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 04:08:29 AM »
Why not mount a euro plate up front?  Just an idea.

k.pez

• n00balicious
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 04:12:52 AM »
Why not mount a euro plate up front?  Just an idea.

My dad mentioned he had one that he meant to put onto his Porsche.  I forgot about him saying that until you suggested a euro plate.  Thanks!

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 10:56:07 PM »
My vote would be a front euro plate.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

k.pez

• n00balicious
Got the euro plate
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 12:19:10 AM »
My pops sent me that old euro plate of his.  I think it's from '87.  Any tips on mounting it?  There are currently two holes in the pate.  One at either end.  However, they aren't equidistant top to bottom.  I don't mind making new holes in the plate.....but where? Is there a euro bracket?  Are there threaded inserts for the existing holes in the bumper?  How have those with euro plates gone about it?
Thanks.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 12:49:20 AM »
Oh, there may be a euro plate bracket I think that will fit the inset then the europlate screws into that. Not sure, I just run no front plate. :)

k.pez

• n00balicious
Euro bracket
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 01:04:10 AM »
I've done some searching and found that euro brackets exist.  I found one for $10.55 + shipping.  I might go with that.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 01:16:28 AM by k.pez »