Author Topic: Traffic Ticket help  (Read 1986 times)

k.pez

• n00balicious
Traffic Ticket help
« on: June 15, 2007, 01:40:01 AM »
I got laserd 65/45.  I haven't gotten anything in the mail about just paying the fine.  I'm preparing to make a court appearance next week.  Who's the best traffic attorney in town?  The ticket was in Arvada.

thanks

k.pez

• n00balicious
Re: Traffic Ticket help
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 12:22:16 AM »
well, I can see no one here gives two shits, or even one.  However, I will have you all know and obviously not care, but I got it reduced from 10 pts. to 4 pts.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 12:22:16 AM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 12:33:51 AM »
I'm happy it was reduced, but not real happy with your comments. While this is an online community that strives to help their fellow enthusiast, sometimes threads go unanswered. That's just how it goes, it's not a personal thing. There is no requirement for anyone to respond to any post.

We all could have responded with "That sucks, slow down, I have no idea on who is a good attorney." That wouldn't have helped you.

So take away what you want from it, just don't take a lack of response as a personal thing.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 12:44:54 AM »
I agree with gietl....I read your original post, but I am tired of people wanting to beat tickets when they were speeding.  I am one of the people that says, "slow down, and pay the ticket".  I drive fast myself, but if I get a ticket, I accept the penalty, I deserved it.

I am not thrilled with your comments in your post either, we all do care here, but as it has been stated, it either got missed by others, or no one wanted to comment due to not having anything nice to say.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 12:56:41 AM »
or we just might not know the best traffic attorney in arvada.  FWIW, I have almost always represented myself, then again (knocking on wood) I have only had 3 tickets in 20 years.

the first one was serious.  I got an attorney who did me no good at all.  since then I have represented myself.

glad to hear you got it reduced, that was probably the best way to go.

and also, learn to be nice around here.  be real, you were what 3 posts into contributing to the community when you asked about an attorney for a 20 over offense?  its hard enough to give a new person you dont know advice about something so serious.  getting nasty about that is no way to build trust with the community here, I think you'll find that we generally are helpful as we get to know you.  but striking out at everyone doesnt make friends.  >:(
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 01:24:34 AM by 03Indigo »
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 12:58:53 AM »
well, I can see no one here gives two shits, or even one.  However, I will have you all know and obviously not care, but I got it reduced from 10 pts. to 4 pts.

Way to endear yourself to the group - first you try to shirk responsibilty, then get pissed at the group because no one helps you in doing so ::)

You're an adult, you can read a speed limit sign, you knew the consequences of your actions.  Take it like an adult, or piss off.
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

k.pez

• n00balicious
okay okay....
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 01:26:12 AM »
What overwhelming responses!  That came across wrong. You are all correct, except I wasn't striking out or being pissed off.  I tend to be sarcastic and forget that when I respond online -- it doesn't transfer well.  I didn't realize people here were so sensitive.  I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. 

I wasn't trying to shirk responsibility, only making sure I get a fare shake in court.

Don't judge me based on your initial impression.  I got off on the wrong foot.  I'll leave the sarcasm out until I'm better understood -- my fault.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 01:27:46 AM by k.pez »

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 01:34:09 AM »
we are a bunch of cranky old bastards.  or at least I am.  (no, most of these other guys that responded are too.)   ;)

it does take a while for us all to figure each other out.

no worries. 

glad to hear the ticket worked out, and thanks for clarifying the comment.  it comes across a lot better this way!
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 01:38:33 AM »
What's funny, is reading my response, then yours k.pez. I should pay more attention to what i say sometimes. Clearly we were the ones offended and not you. Then again, it is the internet.

I guess seeing it time and again I tend to be a bit more defensive when seeing a response like the one you had posted. Again, being the new guy we just aren't used to your personality yet. Sarcasm is welcomed and encouraged. ;)

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 02:13:30 AM »
I like peanut butter!
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

k.pez

• n00balicious
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 12:31:58 AM »
I like peanut butter!

I hear you.  I'll eat it by the spoonfull.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 09:01:09 PM »
it does take a while for us all to figure each other out.

Take quite a while? I still haven't figured you out so I gave up and moved  ;D Yes, it is all your fault LOL
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

s4josh

• Modded
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 01:46:28 PM »
<--- perpetually misunderstood ;D
Josh Ver 2.0

2011 VW Jetta 2.5 SE DSG
2009 VW Jetta TDI 6sp man
2006 VW MkV GTI DSG w/LC