Author Topic: LLS Team In Training  (Read 848 times)

PasSoup

• Lightly Modded
LLS Team In Training
« on: June 19, 2007, 12:20:09 AM »
Fellow RMCB5ers,

Last January I volunteered my time to train for the Mayor’s Midnight Sun Marathon in Anchorage, Alaska with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training (TNT).  This Saturday I will be racing 26.2 mile through the Alaskan country side, but not be for myself.  Although leukemia has not impacted me directly, other forms of cancers have, including my mother who lost her battle with Melanoma in 1978.  Leukemia has impact those around me, including my wife Emily who’s Aunt Becky was diagnosed with Leukemia last year

The mission of the Society is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease, myeloma and other blood cancers and to improve the quality of life for the patients and their families.  Leukemia funding is particularly important, as leukemia research is considered to be the window to the treatment and cure for all cancers.  While there have been great strides in treating blood cancers (for example, 81% of children with lymphocytic leukemia, the most common form or childhood leukemia, will survive), nearly 3,000 patients are lost every 2 ½ weeks.  Team in Training has trained 265,000 participants since its inception and raised nearly two-thirds of a billion dollars.  I feel blessed and honored to participate as one of an estimated 35,000 runner, walker, cyclist, and triatheletes this year.

As a member of TNT, I have accepted the challenge of running a marathon and raising $5,100 to fund research and awareness for leukemia and its cure.  I am asking you to consider giving generously to leukemia research and awareness by sponsoring me in this adventure.  As the cliché goes “every little bit helps,” so please know that whatever donation may be it is MUCH appreciated and goes toward a worthwhile cause. For every donated dollar nearly 75% goes toward mission funding. You may also donate online by going to my personal TNT website at www.active.com/donate/tntcfl/jcampbell.  Your contributions are 100% tax deductible. 

While the thought of raising $5,100 and running a marathon may seem daunting, I have faith that with your support I can accomplish both.  I am excited that I can combine my love of running with a worthwhile cause that will make a difference in so many lives.  If you have any other questions send me an email or a pm

With Much Appreciation

Jonathon M. Campbell
Jonathon

1999 Passat 30V V6
2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

gragravar

• Supercar
Re: LLS Team In Training
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 01:31:10 AM »
thats a great cause, I signed up for a little bit.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 01:31:10 AM »

PasSoup

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 01:35:50 AM »
Thanks Andrew

Also, I am alway looking for further inspiration, so if you know someone who has or had leukemia or lymphoma send me a pm with their name and I will add it to my singlet.

Jonathon
Jonathon

1999 Passat 30V V6
2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7L V6